Monday, March 26, 2007

What do you want?

That's a loaded question.
I got an email with that as the subject line, here's the answer Mr. Whitlock:
I want to have a job that I don't have to worry about money, now that doesn't mean I want one that's six-figured, though it wouldn't be bad, just one that gives me enough to live off of each month.
I don't want to be worried about my money. Like now I don't even have $500 in the bank, so I have to decide how to spend it. Rent will be due next week, my electric bill will be due soon after that. In a month my parents are doubling my rent. I know this is very bad, and my situation's probably not this bad, but I think it is, but I don't have money to spend on food right now. I'm eating cookies (some from the funddrive this weekend, some already paid for girlscout cookies), chips, cereal, and McD's cinnamon things as meals. I can't really afford to take $$$ out of the bank for my food budget. I'm gonna be listing some movies on eBay later, hoping to get money out of that.
I want to spend my time having fun now. I'm young, I hate that I don't have a job, but I hate it even more that I have to spend my time looking for one. I'd rather have one and know when my free time is to do stuff.
I want a guy. I'm so damn sick of being single. I've never had a boyfriend, in the 23 years of my life I've never had one. I've been in love and never told the guy. I've had and still have many crushes. I just want someone to spend time with, to take me on a bike ride, to cuddle in my living room with as we watch movies, to go with me on my walks.
I want a new tattoo. I don't want to worry what my parents will do if I get another one. I love tattoos, I consider them a part of me (to which my mom replies, if that were so, you'd have been born with them).
I want my parents to back the fuck off. I'm so sick of my mom telling me to do this and that, and to do shit that she doesn't want to do.
I want my bathroom to be done. I still don't have a sink (supposedly it's been on back order for over a month). I don't have storage in my bathroom. I don't have a sink near a mirror. I don't have a place to hang up towels. I can't even really decorate until I get the vanity and other shit, so I don't have to worry about work guys in my apt to do something else in the bathroom.
I want to live off my art. I want to do that as my job, but I don't know how to. I know my shit is pretty damn good, (some of you know I've won awards for it). I know lots of my friends feel its good.
I want to be happy.
I want that moment when everything clicks and you know what's going to happen, and that everything will be fine for the rest of your life.

What do you want?

3 comments:

*Goddess* said...

I want that moment when everything clicks and you know what's going to happen, and that everything will be fine for the rest of your life.


Hmmm, I'm in my 40's and *still* waiting for that moment...

Carrie M said...

Maybe you could sell your stuff at the Octogon? Or try to teach a class there? It's probably not enough money to live off of, but it would help.

Brent said...

I want...bah, I'll never get it so I'm not even going to ask.