1. Summer is upon us this week in the Northern hemisphere. Tell us three things on your summer bucket list.
1. St. Louis, I will be there over my birthday
2. Central Iowa Junk Jaunt, that's actually this weekend, I'll be going with my aunt, uncle and mom.
3. I don't have a third item, sorry world. Honestly, I haven't really planned anything past my vacation next week. I want to do something exciting for my birthday, but we're going on this trip, so that's taken care of.
2. Something fun you used to do as a kid in the summertime? This was actually an end of the summer hurrah, but going to our time share at Lake Okoboji, some of my favorite childhood memories are from there.
3. Rooftop or backyard? Why? Rooftop. When I was a kid, we lived in this 3 story house with a porch on the second floor. I used to go out on the porch, climb over the safety railing and sit on the porch ceiling and watch the world. I didn't have much of a backyard.
4. Do you read food labels? Place importance on them? Make an effort to find out/care about where your food comes from? I should, but I don't. Sometimes I'll look at how much of something is in a container and decide if I want to spend my money on it, but that's all.
5. A song you'll have on repeat this summer?
And it's two bare feet on the dashboard
Young love and an old Ford
Cheap shades and a tattoo
And a Yoo-Hoo bottle on the floorboard
This song popped up on my MP3 player when my ex and I were coming back from a weekend at Lake Okoboji our first summer as girlfriend boyfriend, my barefeet were on the dashboard of his Ford truck (not old), I had sunglasses on (not old), and tattoos. I don't drink YooHoo, though.
6. Insert your own random thought here.Like I said, I'm rather excited about the weekend. I actually have a four day weekend, after working more hours than normal the last three weeks. I kinda want to just ignore the world and read all weekend. My family and I are going on a rather long vacation next weekend and I want to return some things to my library before then.
This Central Iowa Junk Jaunt is a bunch of antique places around central Iowa that are open for this special event. My aunt and uncle are coming down for it, I'm more excited to hang out with them than to really shop for anything, I haven't seen them since Easter.