It's time for Hodgepodge again. Check out Joyce's blog to see everyone else's answers.
1. What summer activity most takes you back to your own childhood? Miniature golf. There are no places around here to play, but up in Okoboji, IA (where we have a timeshare), there's quite a few. Everytime we make it up there, that is one of the must do's on our list, whether it's the one we always went to when we were children, and were rewarded with an ice cream cone at the end, or a newer one with pirates right next to the amusement park. Last time we were up there, my brother's plans got changed so he didn't get there when my parents and I were there, so my mother humored me and played with me. That's something I've never seen her do
2. What's your favorite summer smell? This:
The lake at Okoboji, our condo looks right out onto it. It's also one of the best views.3. It's beach season in the US of A...so how do you feel about sand? I like sand, because with sand comes water, and I love being in the water. I don't like how sand sticks all over you, but it's a small price to pay for being in water.
4. Sun tea, SunChips, sunflower seeds, Capri Sun, Sunny Delight, Sun-Maid raisins, sun-dried tomatoes...your favorite food or beverage with sun in its name? I don't really consume a lot of food with sun in the name, but if I have to pick from the above list, I'd go with Capri Sun, that stuff's good.
5. What's your favorite way to cool off on a hot summer day? A cold shower. No one ever complains if you use too much cold water. If I can't get one of those, an ice cube run over the back of my head cools me off really quick too.
6. Share a favorite song with the word sun or sunshine in it's title. Sunshine of your Love by Cream. I'm not exactly sure what the words are, but I like the flow and sound of it.
7. Tell us about a time you had an exceedingly good or truly awful customer service experience. If it was awful, did you report it? Ever go back there again? Sadly, I don't really remember those. I know at the time, it will bug me, or make me so happy but after talking about it for awhile, I tend to forget. Plus, I'm also trying not to dwell on the past too much.
8. Insert your own random thought here. It's my birthday in a week. Next Wednesday, I will turn 31.
If you'd like to help me in a card shower, where everyone sends me a bunch of cards, please leave a comment.
And as of last night, my plans were cancelled, so I have nothing to do for my birthday.