It's Hodgepodge time! Head on over to Joyce's blog to see other people's answers.
1. Since you weren't Hodgepodging last Wednesday, how did you pass the time? I was getting ready for a garage sale, I also had a cold. Two things that one should not have together.
2. What's the first word that comes to mind when I say marriage? Yes, one word. Honestly, I don't think of a single word. I think of certain couples and how I don't want mine to turn out like theirs. And then I wish I had a prospective guy that I would think of marrying in the future.
3. Summer officially arrives in the Northern hemishpere later this week. Does it feel like summer where you live? Describe your idea of the perfect summer day. Our weather definitely feels like summer. Yesterday, the humidity was at 74%, that's melting weather. Plus, we had high winds, that's tornado weather, we were in a tornado watch from early afternoon until midnight. That's what summer is in the Midwest. Though my perfect summer day, is temperatures in the 80's and a nice rain.
4. "Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability."(Sam Keen) Is laziness ever respectable? Do you have a lazy summer planned, or something semi-ambitious? Sometimes it is nice to just relax and do nothing. Since the house has sold, we've been enjoying the porch a lot more. For Father's Day, we had lunch on the porch and just continued to sit there and enjoy the weather for awhile afterwards.
5. Past or present, who's your favorite television dad? Why is he a favorite? Is he anything like your own dad? I like Bill Cosby, mostly because I laugh everytime I think of him. He is not like my own dad.
6. June 18th is International Picnic Day...share a favorite picnic memory. I like picnics in parks. Last year, my friend, her mother and I all went to The Ledges park here in Iowa, had a nice lunch and wandered through the creek. That was fun. Anything with food, friends or family, and nice outdoors works for me.
7. The travel site Trip Advisor lists the top five islands in the world for 2014 as- Ambergris Caye in Belize Cayes, Providenciales in Turks and Caicos, Bora Bora in French Polynesia, Marco Island Florida, and Lewis and Harris in The Outer Hebrides (Scotland). Have you been to any of these? Of those listed (and if price were not a factor) which would you most like to book for a holiday? They all sound pretty good to me. I'm a cancer, so anything to do with water and I'm happy. I haven't been swimming in years, so to be able to relax and swim in the ocean would be great. I really love hunting for shells and beach glass when I go to the beach, they look like great places to do it.
The last island I recall going to was in Florida quite a few years ago, my dad attended a conference and I went along to help him with things. The resort had their own private island, so I took a boat out there and gathered lots of seashells. I also go to save a sea cucumber and push it back out to sea, it was pretty cool to see.
8. Insert your own random thought here. It's almost my birthday. It will be two weeks from tomorrow, though I know I'll be disappointed. I always get myself psyched up for things and then they don't meet my expectations and I'm let down. Last year, I turned 30 and had a dinner party with friends, which was pretty fun, I guess I expected more glam. And a couple of my friends gave me wine, I'm not a big wine drinker, I've never really found one I liked, so to get 2 bottles of wine when I gave them plenty ideas well ahead of time, was a little disappointing.
My mother and I have been going on this antiquing thing around central Iowa the last few years, it falls on the weekend before our birthdays (mine is on July 2nd, my mother's the 3rd), and it's always fun to check out new antique places and spend a little money. My mother said she might be too busy this year and that I should see if anyone else wants to go with me. Most of my friends are not into antiques and garage saleing and all that, so I don't have anyone to go with, I'm rather bummed.
I will mention again, that I'd love to have a card shower for my birthday. Basically, that means, you send cards to someone, so they're "showered" with cards. If you'd like to help me out, leave a comment, make sure I can reply to it, and I'll send you my address.
On our way home from Chicago, we stopped off at a Hobby Lobby, but unlike some other stores I feel all Hobby Lobby's have the same stuf...
Since I didn't do Hodgepodge today, and I saw one of my Youtube subscriptions do this, I thought I would too. They are fall questions. ...
It's Hodgepodge time again. Check out Joyce's blog to see other people's answers. 1. What would you say is the best and wor...
Because of the flooding last week, I decided I needed to pick up some more pocket pages, and Hobby Lobby had their PaperStudio and Stampabi...