Saturday, February 24, 2007

I'm giving up on love cause love's giving up on me

UGH! George decided to show up yesterday morning, right on schedule, he couldn't wait 3 days, or be early, no he had to show up and get in the way of life.
But, hey I've got walls now. It actually kinda looks like a bathroom now. Course they kinda forgot to leave a hole for my light on the south wall, and they stuck a hole for the light in the ceiling, but they didn't snake the wires over to the hole, so I'm kinda miffed about that. But I decided before they started work on this project, that I wasn't going to bother them. At least not with work stuff, we'll let mom do that and get her on their bad side. I decided they probably already have enough shit on their minds and they don't need me to get in the way as well. Plus, I can't really do anything about it, so I'd let it go. I think I've been more mellow since this thing started than I have in a LONG time.
So, basically the first thing mom said to me this morning after I went downstairs was: "You need to vaccuum" Well, thank you very much mother. Actually, it looks pretty good this time. The guys vaccumed the hallway and the stairs before they left yesterday, I think the only thing that really needs vaccuming is my bedroom, basically because it has lighter carpet, so you can see the dust and shit. And since I believe they will be done by the end of the week, I wouldn't mind just working maniacally next weekend, with moving stuff back into my bedroom/bathroom, and vaccuming and shit. Course it would be nice to get together with some friends afterward.
So, the weather sucks. Yesterday it rained, hailed, rained, hailed and then rained some more. All in that order, so everything is frozen and the wind is nasty.
We were kinda worried last night of whether Cirque would make it here today or not. But last I heard they are here and the show will continue tonight and tomorrow afternoon. I'm excited. I've heard it should be a different crowd. Now whether that means less messed up, or more messed up, I don't know. Let's just hope we have a few more cops there tonight.
So, you all read about how I stripped a piece of fake flooring of it's faux wood grain. Well I thought it would be cool to do that to another piece, but strip the back off and leave the wood grain. Well, when I was trimming the extra 'jigsaw' bit on the side, I nicely lost a hunk of the wood grain, and stripped off that inside. Yesterday, I decided to take the back off too. Bad decision. I nicely sliced my finger deep with a hunk of this shit. Someday, I'll invest in some work gloves, someday. My plan was to carve a neat design in the particle board underneath, then paint it, I think it would be cool.
By the way, people, I really feel unloved when you all don't comment. I know I don't write anything THAT interesting, but even a little "Hello, I'm here reading your blog" makes me feel better. But, of course I'm not trying to make you comment, cause that's just rude. It just feels sometimes that no one's reading.

No comments: