Saturday, December 30, 2006

I'm on a ride that won't let me go

As, I hope you have all heard by now. Saddam was hanged(hung?) last night. I strongly believe the world is better off without him. I knew he was gonna be executed very soon, but I didn't know when it was to be, someone told me last night at the game. And as gruesome and messed up as this sounds, I would have loved to watch it.

So, I'm using this from last year, changing the date obviously. Also, I don't make New Year's Resolutions, I can never keep them, so I gave up.

What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before? Graduated college
Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Like I said earlier, I don't make new year's resolutions
Did anyone close to you give birth? No
Did anyone close to you die? No, course the 2 memorable ones (recently actually) were James Brown, and Gerald Ford
What countries did you visit? None
What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? A full-time job
What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I'm gonna say, December 16, that's when I graduated college
What was your biggest achievement of the year? Graduating college (Do you see a theme here?)
What was your biggest failure? Not getting a job (full-time or otherwise) before graduation
Did you suffer illness or injury? No more than colds, course I have this nasty scratch on my leg (ok it's healing), that I got around the middle of Nov, that's really slow in healing, it's gonna be a nasty scar. But I don't think it's anything to worry about. My legs are slow healer (I seem to be prone to falling down and skinning my knees a lot)
What was the best thing you bought? OK this is really sad, considering the most I've bought this year was food and textbooks, it would be either gifts for other people, or Santa Claus: The Movie (told you it was sad)
Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My parents. Because they didn't think I needed a party to celebrate me graduating college, and the small one we had with family was pretty much an afterthought. Plus, they're real good at not showing they support me. I'm pretty sure they're proud of me and support me, but they never say it.
Where did most of your money go? Rent, textbooks, and food
What did you get really, really, really excited about? My mp3 player
What song will always remind you of 2006? I'm thinking Believe by Brooks n Dunn. That or Hate Me by Blue October. I don't usually associate songs with events or years, unless something big happened when I was listening to the song.
Compared to this time last year, are you:
I. happier or sadder? Happier that I'm done with school, but sadder cause I don't know what's next. So, unsure of that.
II. thinner or fatter? A tiny bit fatter
III. richer or poorer? Richer, I got a bit of money for graduating, plus I think I've saved my money better this year
What do you wish you'd done more of? Study, I wish I got better grades, also wish I'd done better with the career/job resources on campus
Did you fall in love in 2006? No, but I still have a crush on dream guy
How many one-night stands? None
What was your favorite TV program? A new one from this year would have to be Men In Trees, continuing one would be Supernatural
Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Nope, I'm annoyed with someone, but I don't hate them
Do I like anyone now that you didn't like this time last year? I have new friends, and a few new crushes
What was the best book you read? What did I read that wasn't a textbook? Good question. I don't think I read anything new this year. And I have no idea if I read anything that wasn't a textbook, and none of those were too exciting. I did enjoy my Police and Society textbook (if that counts)
What was your greatest musical discovery? Either Jason Aldean or Blue October. I believe this year was when I started listening to stuff other than 80's and country, so it could be all the alternative/rap/heavy metal I've been listening to. I love listening to the other stuff.
What did you want and get? The mp3 player, also the Jason Aldean CD I got for Christmas
What was your favorite film of this year? I only saw 3 new movies this year: Ice Age 2, X-Men 3, and The Lake House. So, I'm going with Ice Age 2, just because I wasn't really happy with how they ended the X-Men trilogy.
What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Not much, I believe I slacked off all day, went for a walk, bought me a 6-pack of Mike's Hard Apple Cider, and I was 23
What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Getting a job for after graduation
How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? Same as before. jeans and a T-shirt. Whatever's comfortable. I really love summer where I can wear my favorite outfit: jeans, tank top, barefoot.
What kept you sane? Music, always music.
Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Jason Aldean (my newest celeb crush)
What political issue stirred you the most? I don't pay attention to politics, I'll let you know if anything comes into mind
Who did you miss? Patch
Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006: Have fun in life. Though I'm pretty sure I've learned that way before this year. Plan ahead.

1 comment:

*Goddess* said...

FHB posted a cell phone vid of the execution. Probably the closest you'll get to watching it. It's the vid in Saturday's post...
http://fathairybastard.blogspot.com/index.html