Wednesday, May 09, 2007

The Man in Black's gonna rock your ass again

So, you should know by now that I am a listmom of a Yahoo! art group, that deals with art trading cards. Anyways, we just had a swap and I sent the cards back to the people. Well, I got an email from one of my members today, saying she hadn't gotten her packet back. And I'm thinking WHAT THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ABOUT IT? I can't go ask the mail carriers where her package is, I can't jump in the mail and find her package. Personally I don't exactly care, ok I care, but there's nothing I can do about it. Everyone loses a package at least once during these things, chalk it up to experience and move on. Sorry needed to vent. And if anyone doesn't know what an art trading card is, google it, you'll get sources.

So lately, I've had the urge to run away (ok more than usual) into the country where life is simple and happy. Anybody got a remedy for this?
These poems were written by me, and if I find out anyone takes them and doesn't ask, I'll have to hunt you down and hurt you, I do have my ways. That being said, enjoy.

My world

As I walk through the country
I feel the wind in my hair
The squishy ground underneath my feet
The smell of country in my nose
I know I belong here
This is where the world talks to me and I can hear it
Don't take me away
I want to spend the rest of my days here
Listening to the birds and nature explain to me about living
But, alas it is not to be
My parents call me to the car
And I am pulled back to
Crowded streets
Cars roaring down them
Lost in the world of now
Until next time


Rolling fields of green and skies of blue
Roads snaking through Iowa countryside
Birds in air on land
Searching for prey
My land, looking for me
A red cardinal in the stark contrast of
Winter months or lush green spring
Tiny paths cutting through wood
Filled with brances and woodland creatures
This is my world where natur and humans collide
Technology and simplicity working alongside each other
Pets mingling with deer and wolves
I'd take the lonely fields over crowded streets any day

3 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

"So lately, I've had the urge to run away (ok more than usual) into the country where life is simple and happy. Anybody got a remedy for this?"

Yup. Run away to the country, where everything is simple and happy.

Or at least, more so than the urban jungle.

WW said...

That's not a good remedy. LOL. I hate moving, I'd have to find a place to live, at least I wouldn't have to leave my job.

I get to go to the country for a little while this weekend. We're traveling to my uncle's who lives on the edge of a small town in IA.

*Goddess* said...

Country life is simple and happy? Maybe if you're talking about the country of Sweden....