Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Hodgepodge Time

Here we go-

From this Side of the Pond

1. Expect the unexpected on From This Side of the Pond. Here's my x-ray question...when was the last time you felt like Superman? I don't think I've ever felt like Superman, I don't fly much, or even go up to high heights. I can't see through things. I've never felt bullet-proof. What's your superpower? Not sure I'd call it a super power, but I notice details. Explain. Everyone at work always says I'm really good at noticing details on everything.

2. Are you a fan of the 'superhero' type movies? If so what's your favorite? Is this because today (Tuesday) was superhero day? I like anything that the chick is the superhero or is the fighter. I've always been a big fan of Wonder Woman, the 70's TV show with Lynda Carter and the 2017 movie with Gal Gadot. I liked Black Widow (though I admit my favorite character in the Avengers movie was Hawkeye. I like the X-Men movies, but mostly because I vaguely remember reading the comics when I was a kid, my favorites were Rogue and Wolverine.

3. Have you postponed or cancelled a trip to the dentist in recent weeks, and if so when do you think you'll feel comfortable going back? Nope. My dentist sends me a thing to come every 6 months, but because my insurance isn't that great, I go once a year, which will be sometime this fall. How about other routine medical procedures? I had to go for birth control last week (not really a procedure), they just had me wear a mask. And then they screwed up on dates, so I had to come back the next day. There was next to no one in the clinic.

4. What's something that makes you feel youthful? My clothes, I like my minion shirt and my Kirby shirt and my Toy Story Aliens shirt. I love acquiring cool toys, I'm really into blind bags right now. Something that makes you feel 'not so youthful'? Moving. Some days I'm just walking down the street and my body freaks out and my muscles spasm and my knee pops or my toe hits in the wrong way and I'm in pain. Tell us why. Also it's not a day of work at the library, if I'm not crawling on the floor for something and the floor seems to be so much further away these days. I'm not that old.

5. I feel compelled to include some sort of corona related question in the HP these days. What's the strangest thing you've seen in relation to the virus? Something that really struck you as odd, made you stop and think, 'Dorothy we're not in Kansas anymore?' When I was at the clinic last week, they asked if I experienced losing my sense of taste or smell. That was kinda weird, apparently it's a new symptom. I also read that in a part of New York, they were seeing 30 and 40 year olds dyeing of strokes. They get the virus, very mildly, and it did something to their blood and gave them strokes. I feel like every time it seems they have a handle on it, it changes and they find out something else that's an indication you have it. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. Our governor (and others) are telling us to re-open. She said we could open libraries on Friday. We're not opening on Friday. I know we're looking into opening in steps, because we know people love to leave their kids at the library when they can't go to school. We also know people won't social distance unless you make them, I don't know what exactly we're going to do to make people, it's so different than when we moved into our new building 5 years ago, it's a whole different thing. I'm excited to re-open, I miss my people, I miss people in general, apparently I really need the social interaction.

1 comment:

bp said...

I wondered if our library would be reopening. I miss it. I wondered what it would look like too to keep everyone safe.

Happy Wednesday!