Saturday, April 11, 2020

Long week

Wednesday: I swear every day I go into work, I have no idea how I'm going to fill my time, and every day when I leave work, I can't believe I got through X hours of work. There was an issue with the AMHS, so I had to call the company and it was decided it was a sensor issue and they'd have to send us a new sensor. I recall checking in holds and shelving them and talking with one of my supervisors about how we were going to run out of room on our holds shelf by Friday. No mail.
Thursday: we had a CAS meeting and the director treated us to lunch:
 I got a chicken panini with cheese, a local chocolate shop paired with the food store and we got chocolate as well. A group of us went to the break room, carefully separating ourselves. It was nice to chat during lunch. I had my last Mountain Dew, I'm *trying* again to stop drinking it. No mail again.
Friday: Somehow made it so I only had to go in for an hour. I will plan much better next week. I talked to my boss about talking a day of vacation for awhile. Mainly because I feel like I'm running out of things to do, she said it was ok. She also said she had something else for me to do and that she needed me. Stopped at the grocery store on my way home for cereal and milk. They've started putting markers on the floor of where to wait when there are lines. Found a couple things in the mailbox when I got home.
A RAK:
 It was nice to get, thought I'd consider it a pay it forward and send something fun to someone else.
A letter "A"
 Very nice, there's no instructions in it, it's mostly coloring and mazes. I'll probably pass it on. It was from someone in the Netherlands, mailed in the middle of March, it's nice to see we're still getting international mail, I know some countries have said they're not.
Saturday: Got tired of the blistery looking things on my fingers so I googled them. Found something that looked exactly like them, supposedly it's from dry hands and stress, lasts 2-4 weeks. My hands are looking much better, sometimes they just feel like dry skin. I wish the dr had at least looked at my hands, he just asked questions about allergies, anything new, had I been working outside, and gave me something that's supposed to be stronger than hydrocortisone cream. I had a summer embellishment box that was "mailed" on the 4th, more like the label was printed on the 4th, it wasn't actually mailed until the 7th, I was impatiently waiting for it. USPS said it would arrive on the 10th, but hadn't arrived on Friday, so I just kept checking tracking, it arrived today.
 I'm a little disappointed that she didn't decorate the top of the box.
 Lots of die cuts and fun stuff in these.
 It's my first embellishment box. I'm very excited to have it.
Also received another RAK:
 She said she was sorry no one granted my wish, so she sent me something.
And another one:
 I'm still planning on doing pay it forwards, so now I have 3 to send out.
A Quarantine Survival kit:
Not so pleased with this one, it was supposed to be 5 things to get you through the quarantine. I was so excited for this tag thinking I'd get something really fun.
My dad texted earlier in the day saying they were getting food from a couple restaurants today and tomorrow and did I want anything. I said no, he persisted saying they could get me a mudslide as an Easter present. I know why they're more clingy, but they are bad enough when it's normal, I can't handle them right now. I'm ok talking on the phone, but I can't deal with anything else, it's like they're suffocating me.
Two of my subscription boxes were supposed to be mailed on the 10th. One, the Once Upon a Bookclub from March. I got an email saying they would be mailed this week. this Monday - Thursday. That's next week. Another setback with them, we'll see if I get it before the April one ships out. The second, Blessedly Coping, I had emailed the owner on Monday, she said she had changed the mail out day to the 10th and that Cratejoy hadn't updated their website that they were all ready to be mailed out on the 10th and I'd get an email. Still haven't heard anything. I'm getting very grouchy with subscription boxes and will probably not be doing any after the next two subscriptions expire. I shouldn't have even bought them, I'm still paying off that credit card bill.

No comments: