Thursday, April 16, 2020

Cheesy mushroom caps

Sunday: I had made myself an Easter basket way before the world fell apart. I do this every year because then I know I'll get something I like. Here's my Easter basket contents.
 A giant bunny, some blind bags, chocolate, some whack it balloons and toys.
All the toys and blind bags
 I was impressed with the toy blind bags from Claire's: the unicorn, panda and stacking toy. I wasn't impressed on the keychain blind bags from Claire's: the bunny and pig. The llama came in an egg and it's wicked fuzzy.
For Easter my family did a zoom meeting, it was fun. I missed the getting together for a good meal, but I didn't have to spend 4 hours in the car. I had bought myself a Swanson fried chicken dinner for my Easter dinner.
Monday: got up and went to work, we got colder temperatures this week with snow pretty much falling all week, had to pull out my light winter coat and warm hat. I could only do 4 hours at work on Monday. Found a couple things in the mail.
A RAK:
 Cute stickers. I decided every time I received a RAK, I'd treat it as a Pay It Forward and send some happy mail out to someone else.
A flamingo tag:
 It came postage due, but was delivered. That might be one of the reasons the post office is losing money, obviously not a big one, but I keep getting postage due parcels. Normally, I refuse them and send them back, this one didn't have a return address, so I'm not sure what would happen with it. I paid the postage the next time I went in because I felt bad. I made sure to mention it, because I find it's rude. That's how you get around paying the correct amount of postage, it's rude to expect you're recipient to pay for their mail.
I finished my summer embellishment box:
 I like how it turned out, I just wish it didn't have to be summer themed. I ran out of summer themed things and some are just things, but I thought they would be ok.
Tuesday: I had planned to go to Target, because I ran out of toothbrush heads. I was going to order online, but they had a note saying antacids had a high demand and might not be available, figured it would just be easier to go to the store, and if they weren't available, I'd go across the street to Dollar Tree and get them there. I've tried all the off-brand antacids, Target's taste the best, I mean none of them really taste good. Unfortunately, it was rather cold, so I didn't I slacked off all day.
Wednesday: we had a layer of snow on the ground:
 It only stuck to grassy areas, wasn't on the sidewalks or streets. The high was low 40's so I knew it would be gone by afternoon. And it was, when I left work about 2, it was snowing again and cold and windy.
I've been dealing with dry hands, so have been covering them in lotion and wearing cotton gloves to bed, found one of my gloves giving me the peace sign as I headed to bed.
 Thursday: I found our animals at work are not practicing social distancing:
 Left work about 2 again, headed to the grocery store for milk and mushroom caps and then thought I'd try to recreate the sandwich I paid $5 for the other day, it was Hawaiian rolls, chicken and cheese, so I had to pick up all those ingredients.
My sandwiches and mushroom caps.
The mushrooms just have crab and cheese.
It seems to be a constant that I don't get mail on Wednesdays. It's been 3 weeks (all month) that I haven't gotten mail on Wednesdays. But, then mail is really slow right now.
Tomorrow we will try again for Target and Dollar Tree. I need the toothbrush heads, antacids, and I just want to spend money. I'm hoping to not dawdle too long. I plan to just pick up what I need and then check out clearance aisles and then maybe pick up some blind bags. I got my stimulus money and all I want to do is pick up one of every blind bag at Target. I won't because I'm still cheap, and I don't need more stuff. I'm looking around at all my stuff and thinking if I got more, where would I put it.
Dollar Tree would be the antacids if Target didn't have them, and I need a cheap puzzle. Actually I need a puzzle piece, but I figure why not just buy a dollar puzzle and then if I needed more for the future. I might go crazy in the snack aisle. Dollar Tree doesn't even have their website up to order from. It's not like I'm trying to go to the stores, the online things are making me go.
I had that same issue with Walmart a few weeks ago. I needed double stick tape, to keep me sane, at the store it was $7, online it was $10 for the same thing.
My last shopping trip was depressing, I'm hoping this one isn't as depressing.

No comments: