Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Happy Library Workers Day

 Saturday: I put together a Dollar Store and ATC tag.
 I had tagged the same person for both, so figured I'd tuck them in the same envelope.
I received my Once Upon a Book Club box:
 It had a huge gift in it this time.
All the gifts:
 This month the book was Wildland, it was a paperback. I realized after looking at this one, they send you new books as well as the gifts. It's really worth the money, I just don't really have a use for the gifts.
I signed up for a scavenger hunt swap and got it mostly put together:
 Alphabet stickers, Brads, Clouds, Doily, Embossed 4x6 paper, Flowers, Greeting card with envelope, Hearts, Iridescent, Junk Mail, Key, Map, Lace.
 Napkin, Ombre, Puzzle Piece, Quilted, Receipt, Stars, Tissue Paper, Unicorn, Vellum 4x6 paper, Washi, X: your choice I went with some stickers. I still have to do Y: note about you, and Z: zigzag stitch.
I started my bookclub book about 8 and proceeded to finish it. The gifts:
 A grouping of bangle bracelets, a backpack and a cute hat.
I really liked this book. I'm not sure why. It's the third book this year, they seem to pick books where each chapter is in a different viewpoint. This one had two viewpoints a lady, and a man. One chapter was the lady, the next was the man. The other two books, the viewpoints weren't on the same timeline, this time they were. It was set in a national park, the lady takes care of a couple kids, one being the man's adopted child and ends up stuck in the path of a wildfire, it was mostly the two of them trying to save themselves and the kids. I really liked the gifts this time. They are all useful (not really to me), and a great value. It costs $32.50 a month, you get a new book published in that year, this one was published Feb this year. The backpack alone is worth the $32. Last month we got a hardcover book, that's probably worth the $32 alone. I wonder if they alternate hardcover and paperback.
I'm not much of a fiction person, but I might actually keep this book.
Sunday: I didn't do much, laundry. At least I can always say I get my laundry done on Sundays.
Monday: Worked about 5.5 hours, not too much exciting, there never is lately.
I received a letter D:
 The D itself was broken. This is the second time this person has sent me something wooden on one stamp and weirdly it's arrived broken. It's non machineable, it's going to arrive broken. This time they included something else with it, so they were covered and didn't have to send again. I do like the rainbow decals.
A RAK:
 Every time I get a RAK, I pass one on to someone else, I consider it a pay it forward.
And my Peachy Cheap purchase of an Amy Tangerine Stay Sweet kit:
 I usually don't buy anything but the grab bags, but this kit was too cute.
Die cuts:
 Sticker pack:
 I even used some of the items when I got them. I usually just hoard them. I think it's a nice summery kit, hopefully I'll use more of them soon.
Tuesday: I finished my monster card for a swap:
 I love monsters, sadly I don't seem to have many to use in crafting. I had the hardest time finding one in all my stuff. The stickers I wanted to use, I'm not sure where they are, even after sorting a bunch of stuff for a destash swap. I like how it turned out.
I also put together a RAK/Pay it forward:
 It turned out to be a little heavy and I had to pay an extra 15 cents to send it. I slept in and went in to work later. It was National Library Workers Day, we were treated to lunch and some nice balloons:
 And this is on the sidewalk in front of the library:
 And we're still having story times, at least this bear is:
 Worked a few hours. I'm still trying to figure out my work week. I have three days with set hours, but I don't know how to get the rest of my hours in, don't know when I want to work.
I found another RAK when I got home:
 The die cuts:
I finally figured out they were die cuts, I thought they were sticker flakes, but they're printed on regular paper and not sticker paper, it's too bad, they'd be easier to use if they were sticker flakes.
This means I'll have to send out another RAK soon, I'm ok with that.

No comments: