Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Hodgepodge time

It's Hodgepodge time again.
grab button for From this Side of the Pond
1. In Monday’s post I mentioned I would incorporate the word I was given for letter K into this week’s questions. That word was karaoke. On a scale of 1-10 how excited would you be to find out there was karaoke happening at your next gathering/outing with friends? 10=gimme that microphone!, and 1=I suddenly remembered there’s somewhere else I need to be. 1.  I'm not a huge fan of karaoke, I think it's fun to watch other people do, though. 
Have you ever actually done karaoke?  Not that I recall, maybe I have, and it was so horrible I blocked it out. If you had to perform karaoke what would be your ‘go-to’song? No idea.

2. How do you listen to music these days? Mostly with my mp3 player, I also listen through YouTube and to the radio at night. Favorite app or do you listen the old fashioned way? Out of all the ones I mentioned, I really like the radio. The two stations I bounce between are classic rock and that seems to be somewhere from the 60's through the 90's. They always seem to be playing music I haven't heard in years. Do you have music playing often in your home? Yes, it keeps me sane. I have it as a background when I'm on the computer a lot, and when I craft. Is there still a CD player in your car? I don't have a car.

3. The HP lands on US tax day this year. Or what used to be tax day before everything including filing your taxes was cancelled, delayed, postponed or extended. FYI- filing your taxes has not been cancelled, only delayed for a bit. Besides staying away from anyone and everyone, what have you found taxing lately? work. I work at a public library, we've been closed to the public since March 17th, and I've been having a hard time finding things to occupy my time. I have to get my hours in somehow, whether it's working or taking vacation.

4. You’re without power so no oven, and you can’t open your frig or freezer in order to keep what’s in there from spoiling. And you don’t have access to take out. What will you make us for dinner? I have a gas stove. The only thing I have to eat that doesn't live in the freezer/fridge and require a stove/oven to make is cereal, chocolate, chips, mini fruit pies and some tuna.

5.  I’ve seen this exercise going around Facebook and thought it would be a good one to include in the HP...what are five things everybody seems to love and go crazy for that you personally don’t care for? face masks, alcohol, decorating planners, distressed jeans, Harry Potter

6.  Insert your own random thought here. I'm working on Day 6 of no Mountain Dew. I've been trying for awhile to give up pop, mostly Mountain Dew and I keep failing at it. I'm trying extra hard this time.

No comments: