Friday, April 03, 2020

Fairy house

Sunday: I did my laundry, at least I can say that every week, so I do get something productive done on Sundays. I also did my pillows and bedclothes. 
I granted a wish of memo sheet destash:
 and read and watched TV all day. Not very productive. I did read a book. Apparently in order to escape this world, I decided to read about a more depressing world North Korea after World War II. When I told a co-worker that, they remarked it puts stuff in perspective. I didn't really choose it, it was just the next in my stack. I seem to gravitate to World War II/Holocaust and True Crime. I'm not sure why. I've read 21 books in three months, that's kinda sad, especially since I read half of those in January alone. I was telling a friend today, maybe I'd get some of the books I own read because I have the time.
Monday: short day at work, I left shortly before 12 as I had a wicked headache. I can never understand my body. I totally ran out of things to do. It's been 2 weeks and I've run out of things to do. Stopped at the post office and grocery store on the way home. I realized I have some really old pasta in my kitchen, I'm thinking it can't hurt to eat expired pasta, can it?
Found 5 items in my mail when I got home.
A shabby Chic altered pouch:
 I love art swaps. I love getting other people's takes on swaps.
 All the goodies, I really like that layered purple butterfly in the middle of the picture.
 And more goodies, lots of lace here.
An Easter Swag:
 It's more than a tag, but less than a swap. I'm excited about the chocolate. I'll probably pass all the rest on to other people.
50 loose stickers:
 I used to not do this tag because I was getting a lot of kid's stuff, the last two times I participated, I've gotten a good variety.
A destash tag:
 This person sends to me a lot, I was happy to get something different than the last few times she sent to me.
Letter B
They are ball point pens, how cute are they?
It was a really good mail day. I'm sure I won't get a lot like this for awhile. One of my mail groups has decided to take off the month of April because of the world falling apart. The other one, I've pared back in. One of my art groups stopped doing swaps for the time being, the other one has pushed due dates back to May. My mail flow is going to slow way down in April, that's probably why I purchased those 2 subscription boxes. I should be getting 2 of the Once Upon a Bookclub boxes, one of the Blessedly Coping and one of the You Matter.
I also got a Letter D tag ready:
I have had these forever. I had planned to send something donut themed for D, and I love that these are flat.
Tuesday: It felt good to sleep in and not worry about work. I got stuff ready to mail.
First up was a quarantine survival tag, we had to send 5 things to keep someone occupied during this time.
 I went with a couple writing sets, a craft kit, some snacks, a journal, a rock art kit, a face mask and some fuzzy socks.
The writing sets were from my secret sister swap in another group. The paper stars kit is from a magazine, the snacks are from earlier in the year, I got as a freebie when I bought something at Target. The journal is a gratitude journal I was given for Christmas, the rock art is from a secret sister swap from last month, the face mask is from the Easter swap I received on Monday, and the socks are from the same swap as the rock art kit. I had to open the package the next morning as I wasn't sure if the food was expired, thankfully, they weren't but I forgot to put the socks back in when I closed it back up.
Next, I put together some cat stuff for a friend:
 Thought she'd get a kick out of it, as she likes cats.
And then I made a cute flip book I kept putting off:
 And put together a 50 loose sticker tag:
 And a junk journal tag:
 I haven't quite figured out the difference between a junk journal tag and a destash tag.
Mail was late, I hate how it never seems to come at the same time every day. Monday, it was there by noon, today, not entirely sure, but sometime between 3 and 5.
 There's 20 pens in there. I'll have pens forever.
I also created some altered mini composition books:
These were fun to make.
Wednesday: It was so nice to sleep in, I had a meeting at 11, so I went to the library, stopping at the post office on the way in. I couldn't wait any longer and unwrapped my serendipity dyeing from March 7th. The cotton had a lot of green and purple when it was rolled up.
 When I unrolled it, it still had a lot of green, but not much other colors. It was kinda bright, but still wet when I went to work.
The silk scarf was very yellow:
It smelled like tea when I unrolled it. I know there was mystery tea in it. We were supposed to write down what we used so we'd know where the colors came from, but I was just having fun putting things down and didn't remember what I put on it the day I did it.
 It's a lot more yellow in person, but is still really nice, there's a few spots of pink. I know there was they mystery tea, marigolds and cabbage on it.
When I got home, the cotton had dried:
It's very muted, I'm not sure I like it. It is growing on me, but I don't know. My mom said I could re dye it, and I asked about red onion skins on facebook, they are supposed to give a reddish tinge. I did put yellow onion skins on this one, that's probably the yellow bits.
I stopped at an ATM to get money for my phone payment and went home. No mail for me that day.
Thursday: was a nice lazy day, I received a Fairy Garden tag:
I think it's rather cute.

No comments: