Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Star Wars pasta

Thursday: I developed some kind of rash on my hands. I thought it was an allergic reaction to the lotion I've been using, but now I'm not so sure. I woke up Thursday morning, my hands were red and dry and itchy so I put some lotion on them, they became more itchy, I gave in and scratched them, and then they were more itchy and throbbing, so I washed them and thought maybe it was an allergic reaction, as they looked like maybe it was hives. I had them dry all day with nothing else on them. That night I woke up at 3:30 to them throbbing and itchy again. I took some allergy medicine close to 4 and finally got back to a fitful sleep. I woke up a few minutes before my alarm and turned it off and then dozed for about 10 more minutes. When I got up later, they were still red, I found running them under cold water helped.
Found this cute book at work:
 I might have to request it in May, we turned off the ability to request things so people wouldn't just sit at home and request things. That's what they do every time we're closed. The next day our request list of items in the library is 20-30 minutes long. I can't imagine how long it would be after we're closed for 2 months.
Not entirely sure how I made it through the day, it helped I only had to work about 3 hours. My mom and I were supposed to go to Ankeny for shopping. My dad originally had a conference this weekend in Ankeny and my mom and I were going to drop him off at his hotel and then shop. Obviously that didn't happen, we went to Walmart instead.
 I bought one fun thing: the bunny. Total ended up being about $72. I really needed the double stick tape and the laundry detergent. And after Thursday, I needed the hydrocortisone cream. I picked up a couple glue sticks and some air fresheners and loofahs, and sponges.
My friend said there were not fun outings anymore. I didn't find it that bad. I was bummed I didn't buy anything interesting. I had just had lunch and I can't think about food if I'm not hungry. I regretted that later in the day.
I got home about 3, no mail at that point. When I checked back after 5, I found a few things.
An Easter card:
 Some International snacks:
 I totally ate those up, they were good except for the one with ginger. I did not like that one, of course I'm not a big fan of ginger. I was going to give it to a friend, but I wanted the wrapper for my mail journal.
And a flip book:
This one was interesting, the pages weren't connected.
Saturday: I woke up again about 4:30 with burning and itching, this time I ran them under cold water and applied some hydrocortisone cream before I could get back to sleep. I'm really not sure what to do about it.
Received an Easter flipbook in the mail:
 Moved some furniture around as it was bugging me. I made a couple pieces of artwork, mainly for a tag challenge, but kinda just to do something.
Tag:
 weird collage piece:
 Thinking about using this as the cover for my next mail journal.
Stayed up wicked late reading a book.
Sunday: I did my laundry, at least I can be productive doing that every week. I asked my roommate what she thought about the rash, she said it was from washing my hands too much. I slathered a bunch on lotion on it for the rest of the day.
Opened some really old pasta that expired in 2016, figured it was pasta, it couldn't really hurt. It was Star Wars themed:
 Went to bed at a normal time and woke up at 4AM again with the burning, and itching. I couldn't get it to stop, tried cold water, hydrocortisone cream and just lotion. It finally stopped, called our local medline and they said I should make an appointment with a dr in the morning.
Monday: didn't get back to sleep, impatiently waited for 8AM to come around so I could call and make an appointment, my dr wasn't available so I made an appointment with another dr. I was reminded why I don't like visiting the dr, they didn't know what it was, gave me some cream and said if it gets worse let us know. That's what they always say. Took a sick day from work, figured even if I got to see the dr, I'd still be wicked tired as I'd been up since 4. Stopped to get my special cream and got some ice cream. Found some mail waiting for me.
An ATC:
 cute.
A few weeks or so ago, I signed up for some free Hallmark cards, got them in the mail:
 I thought it was interesting that they are square cards. These need more postage, would've been nice if they send regular size cards. These fit in the 6x9 size envelopes.
a send me something spiky:
 I was very surprised this one made it to me with one stamp. I like it, though.
I put together a send me something floral tag:
 It was mostly for the flower seeds i received in my Easter swag.
Made a pocket letter:
 I was going to go more Eastery, but then I found these cute fruit stickers.
my instructions were to put the cream on twice daily, basically slacked off the rest of the day.
Tuesday: I slept through the night, other than that and no burning or itchy, the rash looks about the same. It got redder at work, but I think when I'm warmer, it gets redder, my house is not that warm. After I take a shower at night, they seem drier and itchy-er. I worked about 3 hours, stopped by the post office and grocery store on my way home.
I ran into one of my library regulars at the post office. I enjoyed a nice long conversation with her. I needed that.
Found some beautiful flowers in the yard when I got home:
 And the daffodils:
 I'm surprised the daffodils are still going strong, they were blooming last week, when the temps were in the 30s and we had sleet.
I had a couple cards in the mail.
 Both springtime cards.
I bought way too many junk foods at the grocery store again. I just keep doing that. I really need to stop doing that. It was a pretty good day. Highs were in the 70's I got to wear a dress I haven't been able to wear in the winter because it sticks to my leggings, I got to wear my flip flops when I took out the garbage. I know I should get out and walk, enjoy the weather, I just can't get myself energized to do that.

No comments: