Saturday, April 25, 2020

Giant Websters Pages purchase

Wednesday: We had machine issues, we decided if we were going to have issues, now was a better time than during a week we were open. I had a routine dr appointment, only they screwed up when I made the appointment and scheduled me too far out. I got there and they told me that, and basically made me feel like an idiot. I had planned to go on a walk when I got done, but I had worn a skirt and it was a bit too windy for it and a walk and I was upset with the drs office, so I went home instead. And for the fourth week in a row I didn't get any mail on Wednesday.
I wore one of my masks to the drs office because I knew I'd be in closer contact with people, plus you never know what's going on there.
I'm really not a fan of the masks. The longer I wore it, the more it bothered me. I found it kinda hard to breathe in it, it was really hot and at one point I had a hard time regulating my breathing. I haven't worn one much, I usually just keep my distance or don't go out. At work, we don't get that close, I go to work, the post office (where they wear masks and have plexiglass barriers), and the grocery store (where they also wear masks) and of course my one shopping trip last week where I kept my distance.
Thursday: I went back to the dr and got my stuff figured out, this time someone did apologize about the mix-up I did not tell them it was ok. I was not happy with them making me feel like an idiot, probably having to pay for something extra I wouldn't have had to if they didn't mess up and having to go back a 2nd day for them to fix it all. Also, I got up much earlier than I wanted to to get it over and done with before going in to work. We had a big thunderstorm that was mostly a giant hailstorm, I feel like it lasted 10 or so minutes. The ground was just covered when it ended: 
 Friday: I got to sleep in until about 9, that felt good after being up before 7 the last two days. I received my You Matter box in the mail:
I'm not that impressed with it. The shirt is fluorescent yellow with white words, who's gonna wear a fluorescent yellow shirt, plus the words aren't that easy to read. I like the black die at the side, mostly because it's a 12 sided die. I don't know what most of the exercise moves are that are listed on it, and there was no explanation sheet.
This is the Huggy Box:
 You're supposed to put a message in it and send it to someone, it's strange.
Here's a size reference for the die:
 It's about 5 inches tall.
A booklet comes with it that tells you what's in the package, and has a couple activities. There was a word search, I really enjoyed that. I realize it's aimed at high school students, I just thought since I don't act my age, it would be fun. I have 5 more boxes to see if it changes my mind.
I also received a postcard from an old penpal, I figured I'd write her back, why not.
Saturday: I put together a RAK:
 Made some spring cards:
 I really wanted to use book paper and this hydrangea stamp. I ended up using up some scraps and watercoloring the hydrangea.
Made an owl card:
 And created an ATC:
 with the scraps from the cards.
I received some fun mail, some cards from Hallmark:
And my GIANT Webster's Pages grab bag from Peachy Cheap:
 There's 3 sets of journaling cards, 3 packages of paper clips, a couple packages of charms, a couple packages of sticky notes, a package of cameos and frames to go with them and a folio to keep embellishments in.
Close-ups of the journaling cards:
 They are double-sided and come with 8 square cards (2 of each), and 10 rectangular cards (2 of each).
 They come in these cute little plastic cases that remind me of CD jewel cases.
 More goodies:
 two packages of twine and buttons, a package of fabric tapes, a package of mini bags, a package of fabric tickets, 3 notebooks, 2 sheets of alpha stickers. In the description, I was supposed to get 3 packs of mini bags with a total of 75 bags.
Stickers:
 I'm passing the alphas on to someone else.
 More stickers. The description said 12 sticker sheets, I only received 11.
Acetate:
 I got two sheets of all of them except the cut aparts, which are a very thick plastic.
 Acetate cut aparts, I got two of each of these. The description said I was supposed to get 12 12x12 vellums, I got 11 12x12 acetate pieces instead.
 There are 6 12x12 papers here, all double sided, so I put them so you could see both sides.
 All the cut aparts
 And more cutaparts.
 More.
Last one. I did get the correct number of 12x12 papers.
The description: $225 worth of retail. A Giant Websters Pages clearance pack features a 1 purple folio (X), 12 sticker sheets (received 11), 3 packs of mini bags, 75 total (received one pack, 8 total), 3 packs of paperclips, 2 bulk 40 pieces & 1 assorted 10 pieces (X), 2 packs of cameos 14 total (X), 2 packs of charms (X), 2 packs of sticky notes (X), 2 packs of fabrics (X), 2 style button & twine stickers (X), 3 styles of journaling cards (X), 3 standard notebooks (X), 20 12x12 double sided papers (X), and 12 12x12 vellums (received 11 12x12 acetate). *Limited quantities available and may vary slightly.
I ended up with 63 packs of things (counting each paper as a single pack) for $42 (or $47 with shipping), which comes to 67 cents per package (or 72 cents with shipping). I'm loving most of it, there's a few things that I won't use, but will be passed on in my groups. I think it's a great deal. After I purchased it, I was thinking Websters Pages is mostly planner related, maybe I don't want this, so I went to their website and looked up the items. I'm happy I got it, but it reminds me I shouldn't be spending more money on crafting stuff.

No comments: