Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Happy Hodgepodge

It's Hodgepodge time again. Here we go-

From this Side of the Pond


1. What's something you resolved to do this year? Have you done it? I don't do resolutions. I have a few goals, I'm sure one was read 100 books, I'm at 25, in the 4th month of the year, so I'm on the right track
2. Where do you go to find quietude? These days, I don't really have a lot of quiet. I live under a 6 year old. They aren't very quiet. Work is more or less quiet, there's way less of us there, no public. I guess I could pick a corner, but I'm there to work, not to hang out in the quiet. I did read my mail on the porch today and that was relatively quiet.
3. A friend asked this question on her Facebook page and said I could borrow it for the Hodgepodge...you're only allowed to buy 5 things at the grocery store, and all must start with the first letter of your first name. Whatcha' buying? watermelon, water chestnuts, waffles, wieners, wontons
4. The television show Survivor, the Gloria Gaynor song 'I Will Survive', survival mode, survival of the fittest...pick one and discuss. I used to watch Survivor, at least for a few seasons. It was fun to see them go through all the challenges, what I found most amusing was that at the end people were so upset that someone tricked them. That's the whole point of the game, do whatever you have to, to win. It stopped being fun to watch one day, I don't remember what changed, but I haven't watched it in years.
5. Share a favorite quote or saying about strength. What doesn't kill you makes you tronger.
6. Insert your own random thought here. It's National Library Week. Today was National Library Workers Day (4/21), our director bought us lunch and balloons. It's nice to be appreciated.


3 comments:

Sue said...

Looks like you are doing a lot of reading, great progress, I am working on my reading.
I too watched Survivor in it's first seasons but lost interest and no longer watch it.
Great quote you shared.
Thanks for sharing.
Sue

ellen b. said...

Good for you in your reading goal! That's a good amount of books to read. Thanks for visiting my Hodgepodge and leaving a comment!

Carla from The River said...

That is amazing on your reading goal, well done.
Happy National Library Week.. we love our library and miss it while we are shut down.