Friday, May 01, 2020

Slow mail week

Sunday: I read the book The Last Letter from Juliet, it was in the January Once Upon a Bookclub box that was sold out before I signed up. It was really good, I liked it. I didn't appreciate all the typos and grammar issues in it. I was thinking of putting it on my staff picks at work, but I just can't bring myself to do it because of those issues. Got my laundry done, too. 
I was watching a lady review the January Once Upon a Bookclub box and then watched her review the March one and she got a USB cord with the bag, I thoroughly searched the bag, and didn't find one in mine. I emailed them about it, as of Friday I haven't heard back, and I emailed on Sunday. I'm not pleased.
Monday: I started wearing my mask at work, the city has told us to do it if we're not able to social distance, most of the time we're not closer than 6 feet, we've learned to just talk louder, it helps the machine isn't running as much. I took a snack to work and then decided I couldn't eat and then sit afterwards. Normally I wouldn't sit after having my break and snack. I totally have been splurging on comfort food lately, I bought some pizzas and raviolis and just a bunch of comfort food at the grocery store. 
I received a random card in the mail:
 The envelope said card swap Embellishment swaps. I'm not sure who it's from, so I posted in the group asking and no one claimed it.
I also received a pocket letter:
It's really cute.
the goodies
and an ATC:
 The pocket letter and ATC are from the same person, they were supposed to have been mailed in Feb, it was mailed late and then I refused it due to postage due and I finally got it.
Tuesday: I got an email from Blessedly Coping on Sunday saying my box had been shipped, it was actually only the label had been printed, it actually got shipped today. I received an absentee ballot form, unfortunately you can only get one if you're registered as a Republican or Democrat, I'm not. It's for an election in June, I didn't even know there was an election in June, this is the first time I've heard about it. Spent my day being lazy, which seems to happen a lot lately.
Wednesday: We got a package for someone that hasn't lived at this address for at least 6 years. We get a bunch of mail for people that used to live here, or one we're pretty sure someone just filled in an address to get something. This is the first time we've gotten something that someone obviously ordered, this is why it's important to update your address. I mean it's been at least 6 years, seriously. It was big, but light so I took it to the post office. It was really windy and if it had blown away, I probably would have let it go, it's not my fault they didn't update their address.
Thursday: the one day I wanted ice at work, I found this:
 We keep getting new stuff at the library. One of the new perks of working at the library is I can place things on hold and the rest of the world can't. We suspended that option because our pull list (list of items people requested that are in the library) is really long and we just don't have the space to fulfill those right now. I also believe (because it happens everytime we're closed) people just sit at home and request stuff when we're closed, it seems the pull list is really long after we've been closed. I can only imagine how long it would be after being closed for 2 months. The longest we've been closed in the last 5 years is two days. I heard a couple things scheduled for September had been cancelled. They are large events we have, I'm rather bummed, and hoping an event I'm looking forward to in September won't be cancelled.
Friday: I found a stash of chairs in the stairway at work:
 We're thinning them out and rearranging things so people aren't sitting as close to others and so we don't have places where a lot of people can congregate.
I really wanted to go shopping. I've noticed I want to go somewhere after work. Life hasn't changed that much for me, I don't usually go many places anyway. Obviously I don't interact with the public at work and I don't get to hang out with friends. I think the reason I want to go shopping is I want to interact with people, my job is so monotonous and it's mostly sitting at a computer all day, I don't like it. It's the same thing every day. I didn't go anywhere, I'm still being good, even with things starting to open up again, I'll still be playing it safe for awhile.
I finally found something in my mailbox, a sloth swap:
 We had to send 10 sloth things. I was feeling a little bad as mine is mostly stickers, but what I received is only 4 different things. I don't feel so bad anymore.
Here's what I'm sending:
 Such a vast difference.
I hadn't gotten any happy mail since Monday, it was a long disappointing week, especially since two of those days there were things for other people. I'm still waiting for my Blessedly Coping box, it was supposed to be delivered today, it is certainly taking the scenic route. This is one of those times I'm sorry I have tracking. It's taken 2 days to go from one city in Michigan to another one, left Michigan and arrived in Indiana on the same day, and then took a day to get from Indiana to Iowa and has been traveling around the same city in Iowa for a day, fingers crossed it will appear tomorrow. I was kinda hoping it would be a nice May Day present for me.
I just checked the tracking again, it left the city and went back to the city. Seriously do the postal people know what they're doing? There's two sorting centers, the airport and the general one, and it's just traveling between both of them and sometimes between the one just back and forth. I just want my damn box.
I hope with the opening up of stuff the mail will go back to normal time, it's been so slow lately. I'm still waiting on International stuff mailed in February (from Mexico, so not that far away) and some others from Australia and England mailed in March.
I also got an email from Once Upon a Bookclub about my April box, it was mailed on April 30th, and is projected to arrive on Monday.
My housemate delivered a cute little May Day basket of yummy goodies:
 How cute are those sugar cookies? The popcorn was flavored with some kind of spicy/peppery flavor. I'm not sure what. I warmed it up and put hot chocolate on it because that's how I eat plain popcorn. As I was eating it, I could taste that it was a bit spicy, I'm glad I didn't know before putting the chocolate on it, I'm not sure I would have eaten it. I'm not a big fan of peanut butter cookies, but they're chocolate peanut butter, so I'm kind of excited about that.
I decided to wash my bathtub and change my shower curtain:
I'm very proud of it.

No comments: