Friday, May 15, 2020

Food haul

Wednesday: I got a sticker sheets tag in the mail:
 And made my ninth tag:
 Jewelry, something green, paper with lines, something found in a desk, something drawn in ink, Bonus: security envelope paper.
Thursday: I find it sad that both these items cost the exact same price:
 The Blue Bunny was not that good.
I put together a purple crafting items swap:
 The card I made to go with them:
 I made a couple ATCs for another swap:
 And made my tenth tag:
 Something you see through a window, Something you hold in your hand, a mushroom or small flower, a poem or portion of, a dictionary page, Bonus: a geometric shape.
I made a pocket letter for a tag:
Friday: I chose to go in to work for a few hours and made plans to have a picnic lunch with a friend. We're getting ready for curbside pickup next week, there's so much to think about.
I decided to get a sandwich at Subway, I also picked up some cookies:
 The Asian food store was on my way to the park we were meeting at, so I stopped in. I haven't been there in awhile, no big reason, I've just been going to the grocery store, work and the post office with some random jaunts to Walmart or Target. I also end up spending too much money there. I  spent a little over $30.
 multipack of taro, matcha and red bean mochi ($6), Yogurt flavor cake ($6), Cici jelly drinks ($5), Darjeeling Milk Tea ($2), Osmanthus cake ($3), Pork mini buns ($6), and two Thai milk teas ($1.30 ea).
I also usually have no idea what I'm getting there. The ingredients are usually on a sticker in English, so I just guestimate from that. I haven't had mochi in awhile, I'm not a big fan of the red bean ones, I find them very sweet. I could have gotten a package of matcha and a package of taro, but figured this way I wouldn't eat so much. I have no idea what the yogurt favor cake is, it looks like some kind of sponge cake. I've had the Cici jelly drinks before, they are really good. It came with 6 packets, 2 each of peach, lychee and mango. Also have no idea what the osmanthus cakes are. There's not a lot of taste, it's weird and I have no idea how to describe them, at least they were cheapish. I keep looking for interesting dumplings/buns, so I picked up the pork from the frozen section. I might have gotten more frozen things if I wasn't going on a picnic. I've had the milk tea before, it's very good.
I stopped at the HyVee gas station basically because I wanted a Mountain Dew, I also picked up a pistachio muffin that I ate for dessert.
 I'm not exactly sure why I picked up the sandwich, when I already had one. It just looked good.
My friend and I ate a opposite ends of the picnic table and just talked. She did give me this:
 It's cute, fairly certain it came from Dollar Tree, not the chocolate, I'm not sure where she gets this chocolate, she always seems to have it.
At about 2, we parted ways, I really wanted to do something other than lunch, but the world is still messed up, some day.
I found a RAK of a flipbook when I got home:
 Very cute:
 lots of nice collage:
 The goodies:
 I was thinking it was for a pocket letter tag the person owed me, I decided it was a RAK, as that tag was last week and she's in Romania, and she knew she was making a flip book, it makes me excited to get the pocket letter from her.
The tag today for that group was happy mail, I tagged three people, I think I'm tired of no mail.
 We had to choose 5 things from a list. I went with 5 memo sheets, 2 pieces of stationary, a sticker sheet, a card and envelope and a postcard.
 This one has the same.
 And this one has washi samples instead of a postcard and then an envelope instead of a card.
I also made my 11th collage:
Something you're thankful for (friends), Something that's alive (lion), A ticket of any kind (ticket washi), a part of a map (got it from a book), something stencilled (I didn't have anything, I ended up tracing around something), Bonus: a bug (butterfly).

No comments: