Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Mango squishy

Saturday: I was surprised to see both of my packages out for delivery when I checked tracking in the morning. 
Blessedly Coping:
 I'm not sure how I feel about this 'box', it came in a mailer. I don't think there's anything here I couldn't easily buy at the Dollar Tree. You could tell it was new and put out by a single person, nothing bad, just kinda obvious with the notes and packaging. The pictures on Cratejoy had squishies and more full size items. But with getting my first box after the world fell apart, I realize things can't be like they are on the website. I have 5 more boxes coming and hopefully with the world re-opening it will be different.
I also received a 50 loose stickers tag:
 Technically they aren't loose, but there's a lot of good stickers in there and I'm not going to complain.
Once Upon a Book Club:
 It came in a smaller box than normal, not the regular box, it was white and much smaller.
After I opened it all:
I like the book, The Herd by Andrea Bartz. The gifts were ok, 1. a couple scraps of paper with numbers on them (this was ripped directly from the story, I just don't see why they had to be a gift). 2. a makeup bag with makeup brushes, it's cute but I won't use it. The part about it mentions that makeup bag and Gleam products, not makeup brushes specifically. 3. A Frida Kahlo picture, also ripped right from the story, but again what will I do with it? 4. a craft organizer with a picture of x-acto knives, I can't use this in my current living situation, but maybe in the future.
I think they went with the story and they are certainly good gifts (half in my opinion) but I'm not sure I'll use them, which is always my issue. I think it was a good decision to cancel the subscription, I'll stay on their mailing list and just get the books from my library.
Sunday: as always a lazy day, I got my laundry done.
Monday: a local drugstore/grocery store is closing and I'm kinda bummed. The location they're in, I can recall a drugstore being there for as long as I can remember. I really wanted some of their pre-made meals and chocolate, but they didn't really come out for me. I picked up a couple containers of my chai tea, I'm not sure where I'll get it when they close. It used to be, I'd get it at a local candy store, and then they closed down, then I switched to a different brand at my grocery store and they stopped carrying it. I was rather excited when I found my original brand at the drugstore, but now I either have to find a new brand or I'm thinking order it online. They are merging with a larger grocery store, but I've never seen the boutique items there that they carry. I stopped at the grocery store, all the stuff that I had seen on sale in the ad from last week were out of stock. I splurged on some chips (which were not good), Chex mix (wrong one, thought it was turtle, it turned out to be sweet and salty), some fried chicken (I was craving that the other day). and mini fruit pies (the cherry is not so good). At least with food, I know it will get eaten.
I made tentative plans with a friend to get together sometime this week. I've realized the longer I'm away from people, the more depressed I get. I didn't realize how much I really need social interaction. We had a meeting at work and we're basically not opening all the way with people as soon as I had hoped. We're going for a phase re-opening, which is best, I just need people.
Tuesday: I found a text from my dad saying my aunt had passed away. We knew it was coming, we're not close, it just was one more thing to hit me while everything else is happening, I can't deal with it right now.
I got some things ready to mail, a wish for something Pokemon:
 Someone sent me these pictures in a swap, and I don't do Pokemon. I'm not even sure why I held on to them.
A birthday surprise:
And then after I got it all packaged up and ready to go, I realized I forgot to include the stickers.
So, I put them in the other wish for a birthday surprise:
 I think a lot of people are just going for flat stuff, but I like stuff when I get birthday mail, figured they might, too. They're not too heavy, so shipping shouldn't be too bad.
I received a Send Me Something squishy:
 It's a mango squishy. I'm not that excited about it, it came from Amazon, and I know there are more interesting things, like kawaii squishies.
I also started the Margaret Miller collage challenge.
I didn't exactly follow directions, I tweaked them to my liking, but it's still great. I chose to use a tag base and am putting them on a tag flip.

No comments: