Tuesday, May 05, 2020

It's Hodgepodge Time

 See you there!


From this Side of the Pond

1.  Question day this week lands on Cinco de Mayo. Are/were tacos on your Tuesday night menu?  No. Hard shell, soft shell or just gimme all the tacos?  I'm a fan of soft-shell. Are you even a fan of Mexican food? I do like Mexican food. Do you like your salsa mild, spicy, or somewhere in between? I'm not a big salsa fan, though. Margaritas-Frozen, on the rocks, or no thank you? I don't mind margaritas, though I'd rather have a strawberry daiquiri. Have you ever been to Mexico? No

2. What's something you may do this month? I'm hoping the world will put itself together enough for garage sales to start happening. Or maybe just to go shopping with a friend.

3. Tell us what's happening in your state or town as far as restaurants/salons/parks/beaches/businesses opening up. How do you feel about it? I feel it's too early. I'm fairly certain we haven't even peaked yet. I get why they're doing it, I'm just not sure it's the best idea. Are you out and about or hunkered down? I'm still staying at home mostly. I really want to go shopping, mostly for the social interaction, but I also want to support the small businesses here. Do you wear a mask?  Not much, but then I don't go much of anywhere. If I can be away from people I don't wear it, if I can't distance, I wear one. I have 5, so I'm well set.

4. Mother nature, everybody and their mother, mom jeans, like mother like daughter, soccer mom, mother hen, mother lode, necessity is the mother of invention, stay-at-home mom...pick one and tell us how it applies to your life right now. Mother nature maybe. I found it interesting that now that some things are opened back up, we're getting lower than normal temperatures, highs in the upper 50's, so maybe people will want to stay home?

5. April showers bring May flowers...what's blooming in your yard or garden today? I'm not sure there's much. There were some daffodils, I've seen the tulip plants, not so much flowers, and lots of sedum.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  I got word from my dad that my aunt passed away last night (Monday). She had a brain tumor and we knew she would soon. We weren't close, but I'm still feeling it. I'm not sure how funerals and visitations work out with all that's going on. I feel like it's another thing thrown on top of the other stuff going on and I kinda can't deal with it right now.

1 comment:

Debi said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your aunt. Even though you weren't close it is still a loss.