Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Hodgepodge Vol 333

It's Hodgepodge time, the questions sound interesting, so I thought I'd join in this time.

1. 'Hurry less, worry less'...what's your strategy for making that happen this holiday season? How's it going so far? I'm ready for Christmas, I have all my presents bought and wrapped, all my cards ready to go for co workers. I'm actually very impatient for the holiday to get here.

2. Do you have a list of to-dos that need accomplishing in order to prepare your home and/or property for the winter season? What are some of the jobs on your list? Are you a do-it-yourselfer or do you hire someone to accomplish these tasks? I live in an apartment, the only thing I have to do is to get my winter decorations out, and they are out.

3. According to dietitians surveyed, the most popular health foods for 2018 will be -turmeric, sprouted foods (bean sprouts, breads with sprouted grains, etc), veggies in place of grains, dairy free milk, and pulses (lentils, chickpeas, etc).  What's the first thought that ran through your head when you read this list? Of the foods listed which one might you add to your regular diet? Also, can milk really be dairy free? Is it still milk? I don't do health foods. None. I did think that dairy free milk is an oxymoron. I saw on a youtube video that Trader Joe's had people complaining about the term 'almond milk' so they changed it to 'almond beverage'.

4. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2018 is Ultra Violet. According to the Pantone site 'Ultra Violet communicates originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking pointing us to the future.' What say you? Do you like the color purple? Did you see the movie or read the book-ha!?  Is purple a color you wear often? Describe for us one purple item in your home without using the word purple.  If you were in charge of such things what color would you select for 2018? I do like purple, nothing too bright, I have a couple purple pieces in my wardrobe, but won't go out and buy more just cause it's purple.

5. Favorite book you read this year? Five Presidents: My Extraordinary Journey with Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon and Ford by Clint Hill. It's a memoir of a secret service agent's time working with five presidents. Very interesting.

6.  Insert your own random thought here. I was talking to my director the other day, and I'm just bored with my life, I don't know how to make it more interesting, and I'm not sure what I want to do with my life. I want to be somewhere that I can walk everywhere and that it's a little warmer. I think part of my issue is that I never went anywhere, I'm born and raised here, and I've never really been away except for vacations. I just don't know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Florida - you can walk anywhere, any time and it's always warm. LOL.

WW said...

I read your blog, and I'm tempted. I'm not interested in hurricanes, though.

Empty Nester said...

Sometimes, it's just time for a change. SC isn't very cold. :) I've given apartment living a thought lately and I think I'd like it if I didn't have to live so close to people. LOL As for hurricanes, we don't get many here. Not big ones anyway.