Monday, December 25, 2017

Merry Christmas!!!

My Advent calendar for the 24th:
 The sticky notes are from mine, the straws from the envelope countdown, and the arrows from the pocket letter.
I did laundry yesterday, two loads, so it took about all day. My parents and I went to my aunt's for Christmas eve. We used to go to my grandparents (on my dad's side) every Christmas Eve. Last year my aunt (on my dad's side) invited us to her house for Christmas Eve, and I hope it becomes a yearly tradition. I feel that we don't get together with my dad's side of the family much and it's fun. I may not like kids very much, but one of my cousin's kids has 3 kids and they are just entertaining.
I had to snap a picture of my aunt's pig serving dishes for my friend, she likes pigs.
 And here's Christmas. I didn't get a picture of my Advent calendar goodies: I didn't have anything for mine, I had a LUSH bath bomb from the envelope countdown and some snowman socks from the pocket letter.
I went over to my parents house about 8, we didn't open presents until probably 10. Here's what I got:
 the tube has pieces to make a giraffe, a snowman wall hanging, an ISU snowman, some Ghiradelli chocolate, a stuffed owl, the snowman from Rudolph the Red Nosed reindeer, and an Andes mint chocolate bar.
 Washi, a washi book, a cute iris folded card, and an owl keychain.
The washi was from my brother's girlfriend, I love that she got me something I'm into, I feel bad that I don't really know what she's into. My mom made the Iris fold card, there was a Target gift card inside it.
 two soft and warm hats, socks.
There was also a raincoat, but I'm not gonna use it, so my mom is keeping it, she said she'd give me something the equivalent of what she paid for it.
I also had a lamp re-wired, another Target gift card, and some cash.
My dad is cleaning out his DVD collection, because he doesn't watch them anymore, so I got some:
The Da Vinci Code, Seabiscuit, National Treasure, The Hunt for Red October, Night at the Museum, The Bucket List and A Few Good Men.
My brother made a roast for lunch with mashed potatoes and green beans.
I went home about 2:30. The older I get, the more unexciting Christmas gets. I realize this when I can sleep through the night before Christmas. My brother and his girlfriend went to her family's get together after lunch and I went home. I know part of the holidays is to spend time with family, but when I'm at my parents house, all we do is sit there and do nothing. I'm not gonna sit there and do nothing when I have stuff to do at home.
Tomorrow brings after-Christmas shopping. I bought a few of the presents I gave out this year at after Christmas shopping last year, so hopefully I'll have the same luck this time.

No comments: