Sunday, December 17, 2017

It's the Weekend

And I totally forgot to do my daily blogging. No real reason, I just didn't get to it.
Friday, my Advent calendars:
 The sassy + chic is from the pocket letter, the chocolate from the envelope countdown and the buttons from mine.
I'm a little annoyed with the sassy + chic, I don't use these, so they'll probably end up at work. I ate the chocolate promptly after this photo. I may have purposely picked the buttons, I know I have two bags in my calendar, so I had to pick one.
Here's what was in the bag:
I'll admit, these swaps are from Thursday, but I didn't take the pictures until Friday, so...
I got some winnings:
 I love die cuts, and that Santa is wicked cute!
I also got my j, k, l tags:
 I received another swap, but since it wasn't done to the specifications of the swap, I'm waiting to hear back from the hostess.
I worked on some swaps and not much else.
Saturday:
 The blind bag and washi from mine, the 'hello' cards from the envelope countdown, the essential oils from the pocket letter.
Again, I'm annoyed with the oils. I think beauty is stuff is also something you should ask your partner about. I was greatly amused at getting the cards. I bought some of these last fall and ended up giving them away and wishing I kept them.
Here's what was in the blind bag:
 It was $5 at Claire's, like other blind bags, I'm not sure it was worth the price but it is rather cute.
I basically worked on art stuff all day.
A retirement gift for a supervisor:
 Some mini wands:
 A winter pocket letter:
 A January Calendar tag:
The art posts will be up shortly on my other blog, here.
 I also received a file folder pocket letter in the mail:
 I also went to my supervisor's retirement party that night. While I do love the gift I made her, I was going to make it more 3D more like a shadow box, I just wanted to make it more mixed media.
Today's advent calendar:
The large sparkly shapes are from the pocket letter, the snowflakes and wooden pieces from the envelope countdown, and the owl and cupcake (pink round thing) were from mine.
I quickly put the sparkly things in a bag so as to not spread the glitter around. I was a little disappointed in the cupcake trinket holder. Basically, the top just sits on the bottom, I thought it would click or screw in, it's cute and I'm glad I spent around $1 for it and not more. The owl is a pot holder from a church sale, it's more than I would normally pay ($2.25), but I really wanted it.
Though I did thoroughly enjoy being crafty yesterday and it certainly helped my mood, but I still enjoy doing nothing some times.

No comments: