Thursday, December 28, 2017

Venting

Because it's my blog, and it feels like I can't complain anywhere else.
Yesterday, after visiting the post office, I went after Christmas shopping downtown, which was disappointing. One store either didn't have stuff marked down or didn't have signs about what their mark down was. This is a consignment store, so I get why some things weren't marked down yet. What I don't get was the table full of Christmas stuff that had a red line through the prices. There were no signs anywhere saying if items were marked down, or how much. I didn't feel like taking things downstairs to the desk to ask, especially since all I got was a 'Hello' when I entered the store, no 'Can I help you' or 'Are you looking for anything?' So, I didn't buy anything.
The next store, all their Christmas merchandise was marked down 50%, and while I get that you're an independent store and and need to have higher prices to survive, I didn't feel like paying even the half the price for the items I wanted.
I found this rather cute owl:
 He was probably 2 feet high or so, and he bobbled on his feet. Very cute, but full price was almost $40, and I didn't want to pay even $20 for half price. I certainly don't need another one, and as I'm sitting here, I'm not sure there's even room for him in my apartment. So, after careful consideration, I put the three items I had picked up, back and went along my way.
The last store, their stuff was 75% off, that's more my liking. These three ornaments were $5.98, $6.59 and $5.98 full price:
 I ended up paying less that $5 for them altogether. That's my price.
When I got home, I found a secret Santa gift from one of my Facebook groups in the mailbox.
Some shaped paper clips:
Which I don't remember asking for, but there it was on the post. I'm not sure why I asked for them, I have a ton of paper clips I don't use already.
I watched movies and YouTube for the rest of the night. I wasn't quite ready to go back to normal life yet, figured I'd do that today.
One of my swaps I got a few weeks ago was to send your partner $10 worth of new Christmas crafting stuff. Here's what my partner sent me:
 
And the front:
So, she sent me a used set of stamps. I contacted the admins of the group, and they said she said it was new, so now it's her word against mine. So, I asked, what about the fact that it's not Christmas? Apparently it's now between her and me, because she sent me something. Which I feel is bullshit. She didn't follow the rules of the swap, and sent me crap. I'm not going to speculate on her side, but I told the admins, I would finish my two swaps in the group, and then I would leave, because that's not fair.
I think she should at least send me something Christmasy, because that's what the swap called for, but I guess as long as you send something, it's OK.
This is the second time I'm leaving a group, because the admins took the other person's side. Another group I was in, I left because a known flaker joined the group. I told the admins she had flaked on me and was told they'd gotten this response from a few other people in the group, but they were going to give her another chance. Then she should still be sending out those swaps for people she owes them to. I'm not staying in a group where you have a person that flakes on people.
And it's sad, that the people who are following the rules are the ones that have to leave. I'm a member of quite a few groups, 4 or 5, on facebook, and I guess the world is just telling me to stay with the few I'm already in.
So, there was that today. And then my parents gave me some money to move into my savings account and we're sitting in the car talking about it, and they've already told me all this stuff, and I feel like they're treating me like I'm 5. Like I don't understand things.
I got home about 10:45, and I want to drink some alcohol that's in my fridge because I'm so annoyed at the world, but I can't because I work tonight.
I'm so annoyed at how people are, I just don't know how to get past it. Maybe reading a book about having more happiness in your life will help.
I've also noticed, it's taken me twice as long to write this because apparently when i'm pissed I screw up more when I type.

No comments: