1. According to Oxford Dictionaries, the 2013 word of the year is 'selfie'. Your thoughts? When did you last take a selfie? Do you post them online somewhere? Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind the lens? I like seeing other people's selfies, it's fun to see what they come up with. I only take selfies when I want opinions on new clothes, so maybe last January. They get posted on Facebook. I'd rather be behind the camera.
2. Will you send out Christmas cards this year? If so, are they ready to go? If not, are you glad or sad about leaving that tradition behind? I don't usually send out cards. I give them to friends and co-workers. Last year, Hy-Vee gave me a free box of Christmas cards to get rid of them after the holidays, so I need to find those and use them. I actually may send a card to my aunt, she's so great about sending cards out on birthdays, and I'm not, so a Christmas card would be a nice surprise for her.
3. Do you trust easily? I want to, but it takes me a long time to trust someone. I want to trust them right away, but then they usually let me down.
4. Pine-cinnamon-peppermint-vanilla (as in sugar cookie)...of those listed, which one is your favorite December scent? I'm not much of a holiday smelly person, but if I had to choose, it would probably be pine. I really don't like the foody ones because then I want to eat that food.
5. Did you do more talking or more listening yesterday? Was that by choice or necessity? I probably did more talking. The Monday afternoon crew at the library consists of very few people, and I get along with my other two workers great on that day, so we tend to chat a bit. Plus, I also get to chat with the patrons.
6. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Sorry if it's back there now : ) This has now changed since I wrote down my answers this morning. I had a Christmas song stuck in my head when I was shopping at Target. I have no idea what it was, but when I was in the Christmas section, there was music playing and then when I left that section, it was stuck in my head.
7. Which world explorer (in the whole history of the world) would you most like to have traveled with, and why? I still don't have an answer for this one. I wanted to say Galileo, but he didn't actually 'explore' the solar system, he just let us know we weren't the center of it.
8. Insert your own random thought here. Again this was going to be something totally different, but then I got to playing with this new to me toy. So, my computer's old, probably 5 or so years. It has Windows Vista, which I like, and a very old version of Microsoft word (2003), and I'm having issues with Word. I keep asking for someone to buy me a new version of Word, but my brother (my computer guru) told me it would make more sense to just buy the new version of Office, as it will cost about the same, I don't use anything else in Office. So, Friday, we were talking about it more, and my dad suggested I take his old laptop, which has Windows 8 and Office 2010 on it instead. I'm really picky, and OCD about a few things. I have too many blogs to really keep up with. I generally look at pictures, and don't really read in depth the more reading posts, so at the end of each month, I copy all the posts from the past month (like I just did for November) and paste them in Word, so I can read them in depth. And then, like I said I'm a little weird, I find it easier to read them if I go through and delete words while reading (don't ask me why, I'm weird). That's all I really do in word, I do have a few files with recipes in them, but I really don't do a lot. Today, my dad gave me an old laptop of my brother's, which he gave to my mother, and now I'm playing with it. So, far it's ok. I've logged on to Facebook, my email, and blogger here. I've tried my weirdness in Word, and it doesn't work near as well as a desktop keyboard. I may have to become less weird and just read the posts on the blogs.
A couple years ago, I was asking for a laptop for Christmas, so I could sit on my couch and do things, rather in my more uncomfortable desk chair. My brother got me a Kindle Fire instead, which is nice, but I still have to boot up my desktop for certain things. I can't do anything with pictures on the Kindle, I can't check my work email on it (not a big deal), and I can't do anything in blogger on it. Right now, I'm typing this post on the laptop, so I love that. I'd have to download something on here before doing anything with pictures. I don't know how much memory or whatever I need to have all my photos and music on here. So, far I like it. I forgot how fun it is to type on a laptop keyboard. My dad did say this was just for trial, my mother's trying out my brother's Windows tablet, and I guess if she likes that, I'll probably get to keep this. I LOVE typing on this, I just want to keep typing til the end of time.
OK, that became a long post, thanks for reading.
I *needed* some replacement metallic gel pens, so I went to Target where I picked them up the first time. Of course they didn't have th...
It's Hodgepodge time. I think this is the first time I've participated in the shorter format. I haven't found a lot of questions...
Sunday: I made a couple birthday cards and a mini pocket letter Monday: I have to take 2 vacation days before they disappear on July 1st s...