It's time for Hodgepodge, head on over to Joyce's blog to see other answers
Sometimes I think I'm settling in life. But, then I realize I don't know what I want out of life, so how can I be settling?
2. This year many will be open all day Thursday, giving shoppers a jump start on 'Black Friday'. In your opinion is this a good thing or a not so good thing? Will you be shopping on Thanksgiving Day?
I don't think it's a good idea. What do you really need to go and get on Thanksgiving. Having said that, I have gone shopping on Thanksgiving. A couple of years ago, when my grandma and aunts came to our house, we did go to K-Mart, to get my grandma some shirts. There's not a K-Mart in my grandma's town, and my mother wanted to make sure the shirts fit her before buying them and everyone could give their opinion on them.
I've worked in retail and probably will again in the future. I don't think it's nice for the workers to have to give up their Thanksgiving to work, I think it's rude.
3. saw a recent article on the twelve best shopping cities in the world. In order they are-New York, Tokyo, London, Kuala Lumpur, Paris, Hong Kong, Buenos Aires, Vienna, Dubai, Madrid, Milan, and Seoul. Ever shopped in any of the cities listed? In which city would you most like to pull out the plastic or cold hard cash?
I've been to New York, none of the others. I'd love to shop in Paris, I'd totally check out the bakeries and their flea markets (or whatever they call them over there).
4. When did you last dine by candlelight?
5. What do you have too much of?
Stuff. As I was looking at my decorations and tiny figurines and other things decorating my apartment recently and thinking about moving, I was wishing I could have a sale and just have people come through and buy things right now. I'm trying not to accumulate more decorations/knick knacks/stuff.
6. The Hunger Games...are you a fan? Did you read the book(s)? Will you/have you seen the movie? Will you/have you seen Catching Fire? No spoilers please!
I am a fan. I wasn't until we had a showing of The Hunger Games at a staff movie night, and then I had to read the other two books. I've been waiting to see how they adapt the other two books into movies. I won't actually see Catching Fire until it comes out on DVD and we have it at the library.
7. Share your plans for Thanksgiving Day. The who, the where, the what...especially the what! As in what's for dinner?
My brother has already arrived and he will be making dinner. It will only be the four of us this year. After dinner we're going to play Amesopoly (see my previous Hodgepodge to learn about this) and then finish the night watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I told my mother I was going to make a side dish for Thursday, but I am so not in the mood to make anything. I was thinking about making a corn dish I made a few years ago, but I have no idea where that recipe is. Anyone got any easy ideas for me?
I went shopping today. I've been trying to be good and not shop (especially since I have a couple bigger shopping trips planned in the ...
I guess I'll go back to that weekly post thing. I am still trying to do the Wednesday Hodgepodge when the questions seem interesting to ...
I *needed* some replacement metallic gel pens, so I went to Target where I picked them up the first time. Of course they didn't have th...