Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Wednesday Hodgepodge

It's time for Hodgepodge again. Go to Joyce's blog to see what other's have answersed and to join in.
1. What lesson has failure taught you?
Usually to keep trying. But, lately, I just keep running into walls, so it's getting harder to keep picking myself up and keep trying.
2. What decision are you glad you made?
Not a huge decision, but I bought a Minion shirt recently, and it's become my new favorite shirt, it puts me in a good mood everytime I wear it, and lots of people comment on it. So, good decision, even though I'm trying not to spend money on clothes.
3. I've been a little bit surprised to see fully lit and decorated Christmas trees popping up for the past several weeks in friend's Instagram feeds. So tell the truth-is your tree up and decorated, and if so when did that happen? If not, when will you be decking the halls?
Yes, my decorations are up. I got sick of staring at my Halloween decorations, so last Friday, I pulled out my boxes of snowmen decorations. But, most of them are snowmen, so it's not as bad as Christmas. Of course the few more Christmasy decorations I have are in the same boxes, so those came out too.
4. Solitaire-Poker-Rummy-Hearts-Go Fish-Old Maid...which game of cards would you most like to join?
I like solitaire, but you can't really join solitaire. I do enjoy Uno too, but trying to get my family to play games is so hard. I did see an Amesopoly (My high school made this when I was in high school as a fundraiser, it's Monopoly, but with places around my town instead, pretty cool) on sale in the library bookstore, so I told my mom we were playing our copy at Thanksgiving, I'm making them do it too.
5. This question comes to you courtesy of a Facebook friend, who once upon a time had a blog...When you're feeling stressed do you snack a lot or are you more the 'can't eat' type?
I like to eat. I generally end of watching movies and eating. Though lately, I've tried not snacking as much, I don't buy as many snacky items at the store when I'm there. I should really go for a walk, because those endorphins that you get when walking helps to put you in a good mood.
6. Have you ever reviewed a product or service on line? Was your review favorable or less than favorable?
No
7. What was the best conversation you had yesterday?
My co-worker and I talked about work.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I was going to tell you all how bummed I was that my plans this week got cancelled, but then as I was making my way to my blog to put up this post, I saw some holiday swaps posted to other blogs on my blog list. I'm so excited, I signed up for them, and hopefully, I'll have two swaps that I'm now a part of and get to send some people gifts.
As I was typing the above, I was thinking, maybe I'm more bummed because I have already finished most of my holiday shopping. I LOVE buying/making gifts for people. I LOVE sending gifts to people and with my closer people seeing their reaction when they open what I've sent. Apparently I just need more people to give gifts too.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I'm reading the responses to this week's hodgepodge, and you know, I think I'm in love with question number 3 because I love christmas decorations and I'm so happy to know other folks have decroated too (I don't have the tree up yet but all the other decorations are out! hee hee)

Hello from Montreal Canada :-)

Unknown said...

I love when you find a piece of clothing that makes you feel so good to wear it. It's worth it. That game is a pretty cool idea! How fun to create a "local" game. If you need another friend to send a gift to... ;-)

Joyce said...

I have a pair of blue jeans that makes me happy. I put them on when I'm 'having a day' : ) Sorry your plans were cancelled...hope you have a nice weekend!