Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I'm Back

It's Wednesday Hodgepodge time again, if you'd like to read other people's answers, head on over to Joyce's blog.
1. Do you believe in miracles? I do. 
2. What's a recent fad you admit to trying? I don't recall any. I don't do fads.
3. Peppermint-are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite food or beverage containing peppermint? I'm not a huge fan of peppermint. I do like Dove peppermint bark. Only Dove, mostly because they're tiny pieces and they have half peppermint bark and half dark chocolate. Unfortunately, I haven't found any this year.
4. Break the ice, on thin ice, as cold as ice (emotionally, not literally)...which phrase have you run into most recently? Explain. On thin ice, maybe. There's this secret in my family, and I may have mentioned to a couple people after they did something in public relating to this secret and told some of their family. And then I was chewed out for mentioning it. Maybe if I understood why it was such a huge secret, I wouldn't have told anyone, but since this thing involves me and things in my life that will change and I need to deal with right now, other people seeing me dealing with these things, know something is up and ask my why I'm doing certain things. How's that for confusing? But, I didn't tell you the secret, so it's ok.
5. Have you ever broken or spilled something in someone else's home? Still friends? I did dent my ex's truck once. I didn't see the big deal because you could hardly see it, but he was pissed. We broke up because of him being an ass about something else, years later, so he got over it.
6.  'Tis the week before Christmas...are you feeling more like Buddy the Elf or theGrinch before his heart grew? I don't know who Buddy the Elf is, but I am so ready for Christmas. I sent my last swap package out today, I have one gift left to wrap, I'm almost finished with my cards for co-workers (not sure if I'm just doing regular cards, or something more handmade as well). I'm so ready. 
7. Share a favorite quote relating to Christmas. I like what Linus quotes in A Charlie Brown Christmas : : "And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not: for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. That's what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown."
8.  Insert your own random thought here. Good news about my teeth. I had a dentist appointment today, I was pretty worried about what my dentist would say. A couple years ago, I had to have my back molars removed because I drank a LOT of pop in college and never brushed my teeth. So, I've been waiting on the holes to fill in, one of them I was poking at the other day and realized there wasn't something stuck in it, that was actually one of my wisdom teeth. I realized the one on the other side was poking out too. I mentioned this to the dental hygienest, and she said I should just get them taken out, it would be $700 to $1000. I don't have that kind of money and I don't have dental insurance, so I was thinking 'that's not going to happen'. Then the dentist walks in and he said leave them alone unless they're bothering me. I did a little happy dance in my mind. He also said, my teeth looked great except for some tartar build up where I would probably always have some. Major happy dance. 
Now, I can focus on worrying about other things. Like those things about that giant secret that affect me.

4 comments:

Marla said...

We picked the same quote! Oh - out of the mouth of babes! I love that "Linus moment". And, I'm not sure what your family secret is but it must be hard to have to keep it a secret. In general I think it's "not fair" living a secret...so maybe one day your family members will allow it to be out in the open. Good luck with it - and Merry Christmas!

Nikki said...

You are the first person i've seen today who isn't wild about peppermint. I would not like it by itself, there has to be chocolate involved. I am not a fan of candy canes at all. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Joyce said...

I love the Charlie Brown Christmas...so timeless. I'm glad the dental visit was more pleasant than expected. Not on my list of favorite places to be either : ) Merry Christmas!

Theresa said...

I've had those Dove peppermint bark candies and they are good! I'm glad you don't have to get your wisdom teeth out. I still have mine :)