Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Pains of chocolate

Thursday: I put together a swap package:
 My partner likes Harry Potter, Star Wars, Marvel, crafting and card making supplies, silly socks, nurse related stuff, washi and stickers.
I thought I did a pretty good job, I hope she likes the package.
I spent the rest of the day watching ER and worrying about stuff I can't do anything about.
Friday: My mom called, it was weird, we didn't really talk about much, I thought maybe she just wanted to check in. It was weird because she usually has something on her mind when she calls. I read The Lost City of Z, it was so nice to get away from the world. And then I got the mail.
A wish of happy mail:
 This person keeps tagging me for destash and I totally thought that's what this was for. She also keeps sending these stickers of soccer players, not sure why you'd think I'd want something that I know nothing about. I keep throwing them away. The rest was ok, I'm not big on memo sheets, but they'll be passed on.
A favorites tag of tea:
 This will have to be resent. We're supposed to send new items, nothing loose. The tea sounds good, she just didn't follow the rules of the tag.
I checked on something someone told me they mailed on Tuesday, only to find she posted that she mailed on Wednesday, tracking said it was actually mailed on Friday. Again, annoyed about the print your postage from home. Because you never actually mail it on the day it was printed. Also, the day to have it mailed was Wednesday.
And then I got online and more worried about the world. I found out the library where I work has cancelled all outgoing programs (visiting daycares, home delivery) and all in house programs. Basically, we're open if you want to come, but our meeting rooms where large groups can gather are not in use. I should just get lost in my books, at least I can get away from the world there.
Saturday: I had to work at one, spent the morning on the computer and watching movies. When I left it was snowing, had some ground cover. I didn't mind the snow, it was just blowing right in my face. I found some mail on my way in.
A card sketch prize:
 How cute are these?
Grant a wish tag of Wonton in a Million:
 It's a sticker book. Very cool.
And a flat item tag:
 I keep signing up for this tag because a couple times I got something good. I don't like facemasks, I'll be passing it on to a friend on Monday.
Work was wicked slow, with no programs going on the days are slow. We still have people coming in and asking about programs, asking if we're open, normal checking out.
I had plans to go out with a coworker for Pi Day after work. Unfortunately, the pizza place we were going to, cancelled their deal because they didn't want sick people coming out to it. We still went and got the pizzas for full price:
This is thin crust, with pesto, arugula, artichoke, mushrooms, and chicken and some kind of cheese. It was so good I ate the whole thing. I think it's 8 inch.
It's been a long time since I've had pizza out before. It was fun to go to supper with friends and just not think about things.
Sunday: Had to work, it was busier than I expected, but slower than I wanted. I put together some stuff to mail.
A Send Me Something cozy:
 I bought these awhile ago at the Dollar Tree for me, but never got around to use them.
A dollar store:
 I believe I received this from another Dollar Store tag.
A Grant a wish of flower stickers:
 These have been hanging out in my sticker box for awhile.
A wish of anything Golden Girls:
 I've been holding on to these waiting to pass them on the right person, I got them in a swap a couple years ago.
A Winner Takes All of sticker sheets:
 I'm fairly certain I was only obligated for a couple, but I thought I'd just send a bunch I wouldn't use.
Monday: turned out weird. The world kinda dropped out from under me. I work at a library, my director was in a meeting with city officials in the morning, my boss asks if we'd be able to work at home if we closed about 11, I went to a how to keep yourself well meeting at 11:30 and heard we were closing until May 15th at 12. I feel like I was in shock for the rest of my day. I went on break a bit later and talked to a friend that used to work at the library, we couldn't comprehend it, but decided we needed to check in each day just to make sure we were both doing ok. I love that she suggested that, I wish I had more friends to do that with.
Mail was wicked late, showed up about 5:30. I found a spring goody bag:
 and the goodies:
 and that was it.
Tuesday: I went to work, I'm not sure what I'd do at home. My job is customer service, I got some stuff done today. We had a meeting at 11 and talked about stuff for about an hour. I'm still shocked and losing my mind. Got word that the governor said all bars and restaurants were closing, that there weren't supposed to be gatherings of 10 or more people. The post office told me they wouldn't be closing, but I'm still worried. I said we wouldn't be closing to people on Sunday, and look what happened the next day.
Called my friend to check in and she suggested I come with her to stock up on stuff. I don't need anything. I have toilet paper and soap and cleaning stuff and food. I'm trying to keep my routine as much as possible. I feel like Grover in The Monster at the End of this book, where he's trying to keep the pages together and failing miserably.
We first stopped at a local co-op.
 I picked up some polenta, a green tea cupcake, basically off brand m&m's and Kit Kats and a spinach and cheese pastry.
Next up was Target:
I got some toothpaste (ok I needed that), some gummie vitamins, a cute bag, a stuffed dinosaur, a St. Patrick's Day bird and cactus tag.
That tiny tube of toothpaste cost $2.50, I certainly will be buying it at Dollar Tree forever more. My friend said I should start taking vitamins (I should, I'm just lazy), so I picked up some gummy ones, I'm not great with pills, sometimes they get stuck in my throat.
Last stop was Aldi's:
chocolate, ice cream.
 The were wicked picked over, lots of empty spots. I never shop at Aldi's, I'm 2 blocks from a Fareway, so I don't need to, plus they are pretty far from my apartment. I always pick up some kind of chocolate when I go, they have a much better selection. Maybe I should go there for my chocolate instead of Target.
ravioli, frozen sandwiches, chocolate croissants and tortellini that I forgot to put in the picture.  I do have enough meals for 2 weeks, I'm thinking about not going grocery shopping tomorrow. There's no great deals, and I've spent a bunch of money this week. My credit card bills gonna be big, it's got last Thursday's shopping trip and today's.
No happy mail today. I did put together a happy mail tag:
 Most of this stuff came from my WTA over Christmas.
A "B" tag:
 I was going to send something else, but am trying to go more flat.
A fairy tag:
I thought for sure I had something fairy, but this was the only thing I found in searching all my stuff. I almost got to a point where I'd have to go buy something.
One of my mail groups said they're going to cancel tags and swaps. We're going to finish out March and then take a break in April. They said make sure you have all the postage you need at home, so I'm trying to go more flat, I'm really hoping the post office won't close. I know mail will still happen, they decided years ago that it was essential.
I hate not knowing what the next day is going to bring, and I hate that it seems to just bring more bad news. But I'll adapt, apparently I'm good at that.
Here's hoping everyone is well and dealing ok with all the weirdness that has come lately and will keep coming.

No comments: