Thursday, March 12, 2020

A bunch of rings

Tuesday: I put together a couple quick tags before I went to bed. 
A kawaii:
 And a flat item:
 Wednesday: the world was dead, there was one car in the parking lot of the grocery store I pass, all the mail trucks were still at the post office, they're usually gone by the time I pass them in the mornings, the streets were pretty dead too. One of our custodians told me we'd all be collecting unemployment next week. Our local university is going to online classes until early April. Next week is spring break, so they don't have to worry about that, but the two weeks after that. I heard they were threatening to cancel graduation in May (not sure on the truth about that).
I know I'm hiding it well, because I always do, but I'm kinda worried. I just keep thinking about the movie contagion. After reading about Italy, and other places overseas, I'm just worried. I haven't changed my routine, but I don't do much but go to work anyway, so not a huge deal. Of course there were a couple programs this month I want to go to (which is pretty big for me), I don't know.
On the plus side, my medical insurance said they would cover testing for the Corona virus (I keep finding things that tell me it's pretty good insurance). Also my credit card company sent an email saying if you get in financial troubles because of all this stuff going on, let us know, we'll try to work something out.
My mail has been wicked slow this week. I realized I've pulled back a bit on art stuff, and it was dead week for one of my mail groups last week.
I did receive something unique:
 I find it unique, but not anything I'll use. Spent the rest of the day reading, and it felt really nice.
Thursday: went down south and shopping. First stop was Dollar Tree:
 mesh strainers, eraser, soap, socks, decorative canvases
I've been using these mesh strainers in my bathtub, just the small ones, I now have an abundance of the large ones. The eraser is for work. I couldn't pass up the fuzzy avocado keychain, it's way too cute. I do need some more soap because of all the hand washing. I always washed my hands, but now I wash them after like every customer interaction, and then my hands end up being very dry. I was looking for lotion, but I didn't get any. The socks and faith canvas are for a swap. I couldn't pass up the butterfly one, it's so cool looking.
 dinosaurs, stickers, erasers, Care Bear, bunny "eggs"
I totally picked up the dinosaurs and bunny "eggs" for Easter baskets. The stickers are way too cool, the wall ones are mermaids and narwhals, there's layered pineapples, kawaii looking food and puffy cats. I couldn't pass up the Dr. Seuss erasers, because books and stuff. The Care Bear was for me.
Like I said I picked up some stuff for Easter baskets, but then when I was thinking about it later, every time I do something nice for other people I get annoyed later because I don't get anything in return. I know that's not the point, but after years of the same behavior, I just get tired.
Next up, Walmart:
pants, shoes
I found the pants I was looking for on Tuesday. Someone's got to explain Walmart pricing to me. We have two super Walmarts in town. One, down south, we got years ago, the other, up north, we got a couple years ago. Last Saturday, I went to the north one with my mom and got a pair of fleece lined joggers for $2, originally $15. I go back on Tuesday, none to be found. There was a pretty big display of them on Saturday. Today, I go to the one down south, find the same ones marked down to $9, originally $13. I don't get it. I got a couple pairs, obviously not as good as $2, but I'll use them. These I might go out in, unlike the fleece pants I got at Penney's the other day. I picked up the shoes because the Skeetchers I was wearing I could feel my heels rubbing, so I picked these up, hopefully they'll be ok. I always have issues with my heels rubbing.
 stickers, ornaments, dinosaurs, stuffed llama.
I picked up the stickers and R2D2 ornament for a swap. The dinosaurs were for the Easter baskets and the llama for me.
When I left, it was supposedly around 50 degrees and sunny. I picked a fleece jacket and was sweaty by the time I got halfway to the store. It was wicked warm and sunny. By the time I left Walmart about noon, it was wicked windy and there was this giant dark cloud over the city. I kept watching it on my way home and hoped it wouldn't let go on me before I got home. It didn't. I stopped at Fareway and bought a couple bottles of Mountain Dew.
I found a few things in my mailbox when I got home. It must've been the day I got the overseas mail.
A wish of tea:
 This from Switzerland.
A sticker flakes tag:
 How cool is it that they are Little Twin Stars? Technically they're not sticker flakes, they are epoxy stickers. They told me this was a re-send, that they had sent one package already, and this was a second one.
It's from Australia.
A send me something unique:
 I'm not really a ring wearer. These are from wish/Ali, so China.
I was thinking about the re send thing. I've had a couple people tell me they've sent me things, but can't provide proof of sending, and then I never receive the first item, but I always receive the second thing. No offense to the people, but if you sent the first one, I should have received two.
I spent the rest of the day watching TV and avoiding the world.

No comments: