Saturday, March 28, 2020

Angry snails

Sunday: Slept in till 9 and had a wicked headache and nausea. Decided to have one of my quick frozen dinners for lunch as I wasn't feeling great. My stomach settled and my head didn't hurt as much after eating. Got a bunch of stuff ready to mail on the off chance I wouldn't be able to go out to mail stuff.
Embellishments:
I really couldn't figure out what I was supposed to do for this tag.
Decided to go ahead and cancel my Once Upon a Bookclub subscription box, hadn't heard anything from them and I'm just annoyed by it.
Purchased two new boxes for 6 months. They are both basically stuff to brighten your day. One's You Matter, filled with uplifting and encouraging things to show you, you are loved. The second is BlessedlyCoping, 8-10 items great for coping skills. Check out my previous weekly update for more information on them. I decided I wasn't allowed to spend much money for the rest of the week.
Monday: I emailed the Once Upon a BookClub people asking what was going on. I had a horrible night of sleep, it felt like I didn't sleep much and kept just staring at the ceiling. Processed a bunch of incoming interlibrary loans that had appeared over the weekend. Mailed my friend's birthday and Easter gift, a shabby chic pouch swap, and ended up spending under $20. Both the parcels were too heavy and had to be sent priority. Figured I'd do my grocery shopping since I was out and I missed the salad I didn't get to eat the week before because I didn't go grocery shopping. Made my mushroom ravioli for lunch, sadly I didn't cook it long enough and it was kinda tough.
Put together a destash tag:
Found a cute card from a friend in the mail:
I love getting handmade cards.
Made an ATC:
I like how it turned out, it ended up just being a ton of scraps on my desk.
Put together an Easter Swag:
We had to send 3 items on would put in their Easter basket. I got the pen in my Advent Calendar swap, the cards are from a WTA, the Easter pics are from Micheal's, I had the blingy M and my partner's name started with M, so I thought why not.
C tag:
I ended up with the same person for this tag.
Started the book, Before & After about 8 and wanted to finish it, but I got tired.
Tuesday: I ended up tagging the same person as the day before for a couple more tags.
A pen pack:
and a fairy garden:
I picked open the other package and put these in it. I wasn't originally going to tag her, but I wanted to participate in the tags, and it was just easier to get it done.
I finished my book that morning. I'm not sure why I picked it up, but as I started reading it, I'm like this sounds familiar. It's about the orphans that were processed by Georgia Tan, the book Before We Were Yours are based on these kids. I've read The Orphan Thief which is the nonfiction book based on Georgia Tan.
Had a meeting at work where we checked in with my boss, about half of us are working from home and half of us are at work, so it was nice to get everyone "together" for the meeting. I realized I'm not that great at going in later in the morning to work, didn't work very long.
Wednesday: went in at 8:30 again, and ended up processing interlibrary loans and then doing bookmobile inventory and then it was about 2:30, ended up working about 7 hours. It was a long day, but I got lost doing inventory on the bookmobile.
I found my secret sister package when I got home.
 A ton of stationery packages, and some stencils.
 double stick tape, a tumbler full or washi, stickers, more washi, journaling kit, gems and a hedgehog pouch.
 And all the washi that was in the tumbler.
I like it, it's not as great as last month's package, but it's still good. You can tell that most of it was bought at Walmart. I would've loved if they had strayed from the stationery aisle to the toy aisle and had picked up a couple blind bags, or better yet, just gone over there and picked up a bunch of blind bags, and sent me a package of blind bags.
I also received a grant a wish of snail washi:
 It was from wish and I had to figure out who had sent it.
Thursday: I only had a few hours left that I had to work. I'm liking the picking your own schedule thing. I feel I'm much better getting up and going to work, and then working as long as I feel like it.
I put together a purple happy mail:
 and a winner takes all:
 and then realized I still had to make something, so they didn't get packaged up to mail.
Went to get Burger King for lunch with my parents. I made the comment that we could basically go anywhere and get carry out. My dad said we'd have to wait longer. I would've rather supported a business that had to close their eating space where they get their revenue rather than going to a drive through, but as they were paying, I really didn't have a choice.
Received a fairy tag:
 and an owl happy mail tag:
I really liked this tag, we basically got to pick what kind of happy mail they sent us.
Friday: was another lazy day. All I really want to do is go shopping and to eat with my friends. I apparently need the social interaction. I mean I'm going to work and interacting with my co workers and I miss the people. I found a letter C tag in my mailbox:
 c for camping and cowboy.
I've been wasting my time on the computer and watching ER.
Saturday: thought I should actually get some more stuff to mail, I will be visiting the post office on Monday.
Easter card:
 I signed up for this one before realizing I didn't have any Easter cards, I was going to buy one, but was informed we could send a handmade one.
a Send Me Something rustic tag:
 I was going to send some stickers until I remembered I had this bell. I'm sure it costs more than $4, but I was so excited that I could get rid of it, I'm ok with that.
Handmade - Easter:
 I kept forgetting about this one, but I remembered when I had a purple happy mail to send to this person. I also have a tag challenge where the theme is bunnies and butterflies, thought I'd kill two birds with one stone.
Found an embellishments tag in the mail:
Love the variety. I had no idea what I was supposed to do with this. I ended up sending handmade embellishments.
I totally meant to post this earlier in the week. I'm so tired of being home and hanging out with myself. I have to take vacation next week because I'm maxed out and losing it. My original plan was to go to Chicago in April, but I guess we'll have to plan vacation at another time.

No comments: