Tuesday, March 24, 2020

It's Hodgepodge time again

The Hodgepodge is back!!! I'm so excited.
From this Side of the Pond
The questions for this week:
1. Howdy Hodgepodgers. It's kind of fun to be back, isn't it?  Last time we met was September, 2018. Tell me something big-important-happy-or sad that's happened in your life since that date. Just one thing. We don't know how long this current isolation situation is going to last and we might need to dole out our news bit by bit.
Sadly, I'm a boring person and nothing big has happened to me as far as I can tell.
2. Might as well get this out of the way early on...COVID-19. On a scale of 1-5 how serious are you about keeping your distance? Explain. fyi-I didn't create the scale but have seen it several places online. Also fyi-we won't only have virus related questions each week, but for this first one it feels right.
1-Not at all, living normally
2-Cautious but still going out
3-Going out as needed, mostly home or working from home, still seeing friends/family
4-Extremely limited, only going out when unavoidable, minimal contact with people
5-Full lockdown, no one in or out
Somewhere between 2 and 3. I work at a library and we're closed to the public, but we still have to show up to work. I still go to work, the post office and the grocery store. Of course I didn't go out much before, it's about the same, I just used to go shopping ever so often. I don't go shopping now.
3. Raise your hand if you think you might run out of steam in the cooking department before it's all said and done? What's something delicious you've cooked or eaten in your own kitchen in the past week?
I don't cook much. I did make some lobster ravioli the other day. It was pretty good.
4. What's a television show or movie you've seen recently (it could be an oldie) that you really liked?
I'm currently binge-watching ER again. Totally love that show.
5. Share something funny you've seen or heard this week.
I watched a video on YouTube of people trying different flavors or pickles, totally made my day.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I splurged the other day and bought a couple 6 month subscriptions for a You Matter subscription box and a BlessedlyCoping box. They're both supposed to boost your mood, and I feel I will need that with all the weirdness happening lately.

5 comments:

Nonnie said...

Sometimes boring is okay. In some ways, I am enjoying the solitude, but I am still connected with my friends, church and Bible study. We are using the Zoom app.

Sue said...

Nothing happening sounds great to me.
Enjoyed reading your post.
Thanks for sharing.
Sue

ellen b. said...

Those subscriptions sound interesting. Wow, it's been years since I watched ER but I do remember enjoying it. Stay safe!

Joyce said...

Our libraries are closed too, even the book drops. I had just checked out several books and so had my daughter so we can share. I will soon be resorting to my kindle though which I'm grateful for right now. We loved ER too. Might have to rewatch if this lasts into summer. Take care and stay well!

Debby Ray said...

I am just enjoying breathing in the fresh country air but staying away from shopping (even though it's killing me). Hubby and I have been working on just getting our temporary digs set up and the weather has been beautiful the past few days. Stay safe and healthy and have a good weekend!