Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Spring chicken

Now on to this week's Hodgepodge-

We're still here. In our own little houses with plenty of time to blog, so why not join the Wednesday Hodgepodge? Answer the questions on your own blog, then hop back here tomorrow to share answers with the universe. See you there!



1. Has spring sprung in your part of the world? How can you tell? Did March come in like a lion where you live? Going out like a lamb or something more ferocious? I believe it has, I've seen those tiny blue flowers, yesterday I found some daffodils in the yard, and my body is reacting to changing of the season, too. I'm thinking it came in like a lamb. Also, the spiders have started appearing in my apartment, I've killed 4 in the last week.

2. The last thing that caused you to spring to your feet? Nothing comes to mind.

3. Do you have a spring clean to-do list? What's one chore on the list you've already managed to accomplish? What spring clean chore do you most dread? I don't really do spring cleaning. I'm not a big cleaning person. I really need to clean my bathtub and change the shower curtains. I have this great donut shower curtain I picked up at TJ Maxx a couple weeks ago that I won't hang up until I clean the bathtub.

4. Tell us something you've learned about yourself or the wider world as a result of social distancing/the virus crisis. I'm not as good at adapting as I thought I was. I also thought I was very much an introvert and didn't really need other people. I'm learning I miss the public. My job is customer service at a library and we've been closed to the public since March 17th, I really miss the public. Others in my department aren't having issues finding things to do, but I am.

5. Something you love that's the color pink? I bought a pink 'spring chicken' at Walmart a few weeks ago:


6. Insert your own random thought here. Like I said before I miss the people. I'm so ready for normal to be back. I realized yesterday it's been 14 days since we closed to the public, so I wasn't infected by anyone on that last day we were open. I know a lot of my co workers were thinking if we got it, we'd have gotten it that day, especially since we had 15,500 checkouts that day. In a normal day, we have 3000, 
I see normal isn't coming back anytime soon. I keep thinking that if I have to go to Walmart for essential stuff I have to walk (which is fine), but I'm afraid people will think why is she walking, we're supposed to be staying home unless we have to. I don't have a car, I'm not really interested in using the bus system right now, even though they probably need the business.

8 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

I think I miss my weekly trip to the library most of all! If I had know it was going to be shut down I would have checked out more books. We have our usual 70+ here, but I'm ready for new reading material. As of now our library has extended the due date to May 4th. I'm really, really hoping they won't have to extend it even more.

Blessings, and stay well!

Carla from The River said...

I miss your library being open. I was lucky I got my books by curb side pick up March 20th. That was the last day for picking up books.
Take Care,
Carla

maddie/cadesmimi said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I'm sorry you're missing people so much. Clean that tub and hang that new shower curtain. I'll bet it will make you feel better, once it's done :) Stay safe, this will pass.

(Kathy from Reflections)

PS I like your pink spring chicken! I'm a "chicken person" at heart.



Theresa said...

I bet a lot of people are missing their local library. Hope you can find a way to get groceries that will be convenient when you need them. I agree with Kathy...clean your tub and hang your new shower curtain. I will make you smile :)

ellen b. said...

Love that Spring Chicken. I hope you are able to get the things you need with no worries. I love TJ Maxx. The closest one to me is 70 miles away. Wal-Mart is 3.5 miles away.

Nonnie said...

I wasn't one to go to the library as much as to explore Kindle for books to read or read what the book club decided upon or to go to Mardel's. As I looked around today while vacuuming, I decided I have more than enough books to read here at home and I should get with it. I'm with Kathy. I think it will perk you up to clean that tub and hang the shower curtain. It makes me feel better knowing I've accomplished some things at the end of the day.

Debby Ray said...

I need to stay out of public places due to autoimmune issues and I am on high doses of steroids. I'm sorry you are having a rough time...they did say it will get worse before it gets better but this comes as no surprise to our Lord. Hang in there! And hang onto that darling pink spring bunny too...how adorable! Now, go clean your bathroom so you can hang up the donut shower curtain so you can share a pic of it on your blog...LOL! Stay safe & healthy!

Sally said...

I agree, the social interaction with other people, strangers, family and friends is hard at the moment. I certainly miss it. You'll get around to cleaning when you want to.