Sunday, March 22, 2020

I splurged

Wednesday: It felt like a normal day, went in to work about 8:30, because I was up and why not. Finished up my Interlibrary loan stuff and answered phone calls and emails and got some holds taken care of.
Went to the post office on the way home. I mentioned to one of the behind the counter people that my groups were worried about post offices closing, he looked at me like I was nuts. Said they'd be open as far as he knows (of course that's what I said to people last Sunday and on Monday we had the announcement that we were closing). One of my groups says we shouldn't sign up for stuff unless we have it and stamps at home. I didn't go to the grocery store as I have enough food for awhile.
Took a picture of my spring chickens, cause they're cute:
 The green one is from Target, the pink one from Walmart, both about $5. Nothing in the mail that day either. Not entirely sure what I did when I got home, I'm sure reading and computer and YouTube were involved.
Thursday: Slept in until 9:15, that was wicked nice. Watched some movies and read books. The upstairs people aren't very quiet, so I watch TV when they're loud and read when they're quietish.
I did find an ATC tag in the mail:
 It had some extra digital art in the envelope:
 The person who bought it for the ATC tag, said she was a bit disappointed in the presentation. I almost said you wouldn't have had a problem if you just made one and sent it yourself, but I refrained.
Again read and watched TV.
Friday: Got to sleep in again, apparently the upstairs people are embracing not having to be anywhere early and are sleeping in as well. I did get a book about the Holocaust and Auschwitz done. I'm not sure why I gravitate to true crime and books about the Holocaust. Thinking I need a more uplifting book next. I usually rearrange my library items every Wednesday after I get home, now that everything is due on the same day, they're arranged by title, and I'm just going in order.
I received a happy mail tag:
 We have a new format where we choose from a list we're given. I'm not sure why that's been changed, but I really liked it when we got to choose on our own. It's always been that we send 5 different things, but it's way more fun when I send you socks instead of a postcard.
Spent some time talking to my parents and a good friend. I like that we seem to be doing that more. I commented to my friend that I wanted to get out and hang out with friends, she said I could do facetime or something like it. Part of my issue is that it's way too loud here, I wouldn't mind staying at home if it was quiet. The noise is going to drive me nuts.
Saturday: Another day of sleeping in. I got a bunch of stuff ready to mail.
50 loose stickers:
 I have a shoebox full of random loose stickers, thought I'd go from there instead of seeing what was in my other stashes.
Kawaii Happy Mail:
 This tag was actually, pick your own theme and then pick from the list. I tagged this person because I knew I had enough kawaii stuff. I ended up with stationery sheets, a post card, washi samples, a sheet of stickers and a bookmark, I also included some memo sheets.
I got my shabby chic altered pouch and goodies ready to mail, front:
 Back:
It's a clear pouch I got with some planner stuff in a Peachy Cheap grab bag, thought it was the perfect size and I just ended up layering lace on it.
and goodies:
I really don't know what shabby chic is, but I hope this works. I had it in an envelope, but thought it would be better in a box.
I also got my friend's birthday and Easter packages ready. They're both in one box, and then I wrapped it in book pages.
I found 3 things in the mail, which is more than I've found on a single day this whole week. I hope that means mail is picking back up. I've heard it's not just me.
a Send Me Something spiky:
 I admit I was thinking like a spiky bracelet, but I love this. It's a bath bomb that's in the shape of a hedgehog, it's also sparkly. I probably won't use it, it will sit in my bathroom until I feel I can part with it.
A dollar store:
 This will be passed on.
And a wish of something gnome:
I have address labels forever now.
I learned there is now a confirmed case of COVID-19 in my county, that didn't improve my mood.
Sunday: I did my laundry, at least that won't change with all this stuff. Now that I feel there's not a lot of new information coming through the news, I need to avoid things that are just annoying.
I cancelled my Once Upon a Bookclub box. I should get March and April. I'm upset that I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation email from them, it was supposed to mail the 17th-20th. I get that they could be having issues getting stuff or getting it packed or mailed, but I haven't even gotten an email saying it's going to be delayed. So, I gave up. And then I got two 6 month subscriptions to a couple of interesting sounding boxes.
One is the You Matter box, it has "The You Matter! box was developed by Dr. Shannon Curtis, a practicing school counselor. After many meetings with students, it was found that many of them are feeling alone, depressed, suicidal, and invoking self-harm. This box is filled with encouraging, uplifting items to show them that they are loved, they are important, and they matter!. It's curated by a practicing school counselor. Items to increase self-esteem and positive thinking. Self-care for young people. The box includes a therapeutic activity and 4-6 items. Filled with relevant items to help teens & tweens cope with everyday pressure."
I totally stole all that from Cratejoy, and will for the next one as well. I realize it's for kids, but I'm certainly feeling like I don't matter right now. I work in customer service at a library, we're closed to the public, but we're still working. BUT, no customers, so I'm feeling like I don't matter, plus I need to be reminded that I matter sometimes. I don't have a lot of friends and most of my interaction with people is at my job. There is an option to just get a note every month or so, but I just decided to splurge and get the box.
The other one I got is BlessedlyCoping, it's "A mental health subscription box consisting of 8-10 items that are great for your coping skills bag! Each box contains a mixture of fidgets, sensory items, self care items, coloring or journaling items, puzzles, and more that will help you relax, calm down, relieve stress and anxiety, use your creativity, pamper yourself, or just simply smile! Coping tools for you coping skills bag! Variety of self-care and coping tools in every box! Box full of goodies to help you relieve stress and anxiety. Made for all ages! Items to help you relax, get creative, relieve stress...or just SMILE!"
Again along the same lines of the other one. I shouldn't be bored with the stuff in my house, but I do get there, I thought these would help. I certainly hope I won't have to stay at home for the next 6 months, especially since summer is my favorite season. I'm hoping to go on walks soon and garage sales, but who knows with all that's happening. I figure these will help me smile when I'm having a bad day, or just need a quick pick me up. They are staggered so I should get one early in the month and the other at the end of the month.
I also figure anything I don't want I can pass on to my mail groups, but who knows, one of them is taking a break in April, that will not help me. I totally signed up for some more art stuff in another group because of this. Mail is the highlight of my day. If I don't get something good in the mail, I go shopping, I don't need to go shopping, I just need that pick me up.
They weren't cheap, and I will feel it when I pay my credit card bill this week, though I'm thinking about paying half this week and half next week, we'll see.

No comments: