Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Hodgepodge

It's time for Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. Share a favorite moment from your Christmas holiday celebration.
This year we had Swedish pancakes made by my brother's girlfriend's dad, they were pretty good, though I missed the mimosas we've had previous years.
2. What would you say has been the biggest news event during your life so far?
Probably September 11, 2001
3. The Pantone Color of the Year for 2015 is Marsala. What say you-like or no like? Would I find this color anywhere in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade to either?
It seems like a nice color, though I'm not a big fan of red. Most likely I won't add it on purpose, if it shows up, it shows up.
4. Would you rather meet your ancestors or your great grandchildren? Explain why.
I'm going with ancestors, because I don't plan on having children.
5. Share one life lesson learned in 2014?

6. What was your best or favorite purchase made in 2014?
This is like when I'm doing surveys and they ask me to remember what I purchased in six months. Right now, what's on my mind as my favorite purchase is this little purple octopus keychain I bought at the SC aquarium last week:
I wanted an octopus that said South Carolina aquarium, but they didn't have both, so I got the octopus. I really don't think about purchases much after I buy them, plus I didn't buy anything huge this year.

 7. What is one thing you're looking forward to in the new year?
Honestly, I haven't planned much further than this week. I was so stressed with the holidays and gifts and getting ready for this trip that I haven't even thought of the new year.
8.  Insert your own random thought here. 
The high is 8 today, it's hard to come from South Carolina where the highs were in the 50's and 60's back to Iowa where it snowed yesterday and the windchill was 12 and today's high is 8.
 So, here are some random photos from my trip. An alligator:
 Some churches:



 
Head on over to Joyce's to see what other people answered.

No comments: