Monday, December 29, 2014

12 Days of Christmas Swap Reveal

I participated in Chaotic Goddess Swaps' 12 Days of Christmas swap again this year. I had so much fun last year, I decided it would be one of the one I did this year. And it is time to do the swap reveal (actually it was last week, but I've been out of town)
12 Days of Christmas Swap image
I was paired with Wendy of A Day in the Life on the Farm, here's what I sent her:
 A snowman stocking, a corkscrew, a wine bag, a couple crosses, snowmen, egg ornaments, a nativity set, chocolate, a necklace and a "W" ornament.
She said she collected snowmen, liked wine, collected nativity sets, that her faith was extremely important, liked brown, and nutcrackers. It seems she really liked that golden cross which was so hard to wrap. I finally had to wrap it in a padded envelope and put it wedged in the corner of the bottom of the box, I loved it and so did she, so it worked out great, but I had to ship in a larger box because it didn't play well with the other gifts.
Wendy mailed her giant package so it arrived on December 1st, so I had this package sitting in my kitchen for 13 days, let's just say it was hard not to open it.
 Every day started out with a wrapped box and the words "On the ___ day of Christmas, my swap partner sent to me" and then inside my gift. Of course, I deleted my pictures of the first day.
 An owl to hang upon my Christmas tree. It is actually sitting below my Owl tree.
Day 2:
 Two purse mates, the owl is also sitting near my owl tree.
Day 3:
 Three bathroom items, a cute reindeer towel, L'Occitane bar soap and cinnamon sugar hand soap
Day 4:
 Four hot cocoas, I haven't tried these yet.
Day 5:
 Five kitchen items, the owl mug is under my owl tree.
Day 6:
 Six sherbet candles.
Day 7:
 Seven words to Santa.
Day 8:
 Eight Chocolate candies, four tiny reindeer, Santa, and three Lindt chocolate truffles.
Day 9:
 Nine sparkly flowers.
Day 10:
 Ten pretty note cards.
Day 11:
 Eleven antique buttons, I love these, they have gone into my pile of hoarded buttons.
Day 12:
A 12-inch snowman plate.

I love everything I got, I'm sure it was rather hard to come up with multiples especially toward the end of the song, but she did very well.

Head on over to Chaotic Goddesses link-up page to see what other people got.

5 comments:

Jenna said...

Haha, I love the seven words to Santa one. :)

Midnight Cowgirl said...

The seven words to Santa is so funny!

A Day in the Life on the Farm said...

I am so glad you liked your gifts Wendy. I had so much fun picking them out. It did get harder as the numbers got larger so I saved the buttons until the end so I could fill in the missing number.
I really loved all the gifts you sent, thanks so much.

Anna van Schurman said...

What a clever approach. I'd love to see your owl tree. I collect owls (college mascot).

Beth W said...

We've hosted this three years now, and that's the first time someone has been so clever about the days! I love it! :D
What a fantastic haul of Christmas goodies. I can't wait to see what you do with those super sparkly flowers!