Money. mostly my lack of it. Looking at my money situation I'm going to have to get another job, and I am so not looking forward to that.
2. What does 'peace on earth, goodwill to men' mean to you?
Being courteous and nice to everyone you meet
3. Which edible treat you are most looking forward to sampling this December?
My aunt's goodie basket. She usually sends me a box of cookies/goodies in the mail. I made sure to tell her how much I loved them and was looking forward to mine this year.
4. It's that most wonderful time of the year...do you agree, and if so why is it so wonderful? If not, what would you say is the most wonderful time of the year?
I think people are nicer this time of year, but I also think they are more stressed. My co worker was telling me of things that were bothering her yesterday, and then she stopped and said she shouldn't be doing that because it doesn't do anyone any good. Between getting together with family and expectations to get the best gift, it does get a little stressful.
5. What was the last word you looked up in a dictionary (actual or online) and why?
confidentiality. Something came up at work where it didn't seem we were doing this correctly, I wasn't sure how to spell it.
6. Besides a Christmas tree, what is your favorite thing to decorate this time of year?
I just like getting out my decorations. Last year I had a lot more furniture to decorate, but I got rid of my biggest item in the anticipation of moving this past August. This year, I had to be a little creative with my decorating. I did have less stuff because I got rid of a bunch of my snowmen decorations as well, but I still seem to have way too much. I added nails to bookshelves to hang my decorations on.
7. Share one thing you've learned (about yourself, people, or anything at all) in the Wednesday Hodgepodge, or through blogging in general.
You get more comments when you visit other people's blogs, even if you don't leave a comment. To me, I know people have read my blog when they leave a comment. I get so few comments on here, I'm not sure people actually read my blog.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
As you know, we're going to Charleston for Christmas. I've been perusing a few sites and books, but I still don't really know what we're going to do. We're staying on Spring St, which isn't at the center of town. We're getting in late on the 23rd, so not doing much that day. I think we'll be wrapping presents and getting ready for Christmas on the 24th, we're staying at a house, so most likely we'll be making our own Christmas dinner. Since we're flying we can't wrap our presents before we go, so that will be happening.
That leaves the 26th, 27th and a bit of the 28th, as we're leaving late that day. I want to go to the market, but I'm not sure it will be open, I also want to go to the aquarium.
Does anyone have any suggestions for restaurants we should go to while we're there? Or anything we have to visit?