1. What is one new holiday tradition you'd like to establish, or one you've established recently, say in the last year or two?
I don't have an answer for this one, I'll be very intrigued to see what other people answer though. I did do a post on what I miss this year, go here to read it.
2. It's the second week of December. Have you sipped a cup of eggnog yet this month? No, I usually just buy the individual size ones at Fareway and drink one of those. I'm not a big fan of eggnog, and that size is about as much as I can handle.
Wrapped a gift? Yes, I have most of my gifts wrapped.
Opened a gift? I have, I made myself an Advent calendar this year, go here to see the first few days.
Kissed someone under the mistletoe? Nope, no mistletoe or anyone to kiss around here
Lit a candle? Nope, I don't keep a lot of candles around the house, though I did get one in my Cozy Box Swap.
Eaten a Christmas cookie? Nope, none of those around either.
Seen Santa in person? I saw him through the window the other day, does that count?
Watched a Christmas movie or special? I just watched my regular Thanksgiving movie the other day, I'm a bit behind in my holiday movies.
3. Do you think it's better to be an adult or a child at Christmastime? Explain.
I like both. I like having the excitement of a child, I have never been able to sleep on Christmas Eve, I just have so much anticipation about Christmas. One of the things I loved when I started earning my own money was picking out the perfect gift for people, I associate that part with being an adult.
4. It's often said, 'Good things come to those who wait'...agree or disagree? Why?
I think so. I have this huge box sitting on my floor waiting for the 13th when my 12 Days of Christmas swap gifts can be opened. I imagine a lot of good things in it.
5. What's the last sweet thing you baked? Did you keep it, take it to a party/event, or give it away?
I made a chess pie for Thanksgiving and I'll be making another for a work holiday party next week. It's kinda like custard, it's really good, but it never seems to set up all the way in the middle. That hasn't stopped anyone from eating it though.
6. This question comes to us courtesy of Jhona who blogs over at The Red House at the End of the Lane. Everyone hop over and say hi to Jhona this week! Here is her question... "I heard an actor talk about how he makes a conscious choice to talk to people in elevators. He chooses to connect, make eye contact, and converse. Do you talk to people/strangers when you're in an elevator or any other place where you might have to wait together? Why or why not?"
I don't usually take elevators, I got stuck in one once and that was less than pleasant. When I am in an elevator, I don't talk to other people. I guess I'm just so much in my own little world I don't really pay attention to much else.
7. Are you on the naughty or nice list this year? What put you there?
I'm gonna go with the nice list. I try to do nice things to people all year long.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today (Tuesday), I'm going to help my parents pack to move. They are finally getting into their condo tomorrow and I know they're looking forward to it. My parents bought a condo in an old school here in town, they sold their house in May and moved out in August, unfortunately their condo wasn't ready yet, so they've been living in a small (for them) 2 bedroom apartment across town. They are scrunched in there with some of their antique furniture they didn't want to put in storage. Tomorrow (Wednesday) they finally get to unpack everything into their permanent home. I've seen the condo in it's almost done state. It will be neat to see it with all their stuff in it, and see what stuff they can't fit in it.