1. Time magazine has selected The Ebola Fighters as their person of the year for 2014. Do you agree, and if so who would you say is a close second? If you disagree with their choice, who do you think should have been chosen?
I honestly don't pay attention to the news, so I have no idea.
2. This question comes to you courtesy of Susan who blogs over at Stew Mama Says. She knows we have a wedding happening any minute now, and she asks, 'What's your favorite-something old? something new? something borrowed? something blue in your home? Be sure you hop over and say hi to Susan today!
Something old: my house, it was built in 1899, and has a ton of character. Though my parents moved out of the first two floors (I rent the third floor), so I don't get to see a lot of the character anymore
Something new: I'm gonna go with the giant minion that I bought at a garage sale this summer, while he's not exactly new, he is new to me and I smile every time I see him.
Something borrowed: Let's go with library books, I love reading and I work at a library, so can't go wrong there.
Something blue: A handmade stocking I got in a swap a few years ago, technically it's blue and white, but close enough.
3. Fudge-yay or nay? Your favorite flavor? Do you make it yourself? With nuts or without?
I'm not a big fudge fan, I find it a little too sugary.
4. December 17th is Wright Brothers Day, commemorating the first successful flights made by Orville and Wilbur Wright in 1903 in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. How old were you when you made your first flight? Do you like to fly? Have you ever been to Kitty Hawk or other parts of the North Carolina Outer Banks?I believe we flew to Florida to whatever Disney park is there when I was very young, like couldn't walk by myself young. I don't recall any of that trip.
I'm not a big fan of flying, mostly because I don't do it that much.
I have not been anywhere in North Carolina.
5. Do the people in your family tend to follow a particular career path, and if so what's the path?
Nope. My mom has a masters in childhood education (I think), she used to work at a preschool, was a council person when I was a kid, started working in an office at the university later, and now teaches college kids to sew.
My dad has a general business degree and basically worked at a radio station since he graduated college.
My brother has a BS in MIS and does something with computers.
I have a BS in sociology/criminal justice and I work at a library, an events center and sporadically at a bookstore. And I believe I'll be applying for more jobs in the new year.
6. What is one thing you absolutely, positively must accomplish today?
I have to go to a work party (cause I made dessert, and who doesn't like free food), other than that not much. I'm trying to finish a book that's due soon.
7. This Christmas I hope___________________________________.
for warm weather
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Like I said earlier, I'm leaving on vacation next Tuesday, so I won't be participating in Hodgepodge next week. I hope everyone has a great Christmas.