Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Christmas pocket letter

November 9: found another mouse and disposed of it, not enjoying those. The traps I have are supposed to kill them quickly, but they always fight it. This one was in the middle of the floor, I almost tripped over it, but flipped on the light to see what this thing in the middle of the floor was. I tried reading The Color of Compromise, but the print was too tiny. I trie reading Eloquent Rage, but I couldn't get into it. I saw on YouTube that Hobby Lobby is supposed to have Advent calendars I really want to go find out. I made some winter ATCs:
Not too exciting, just scraps and paper.
I also made a flip book:
Also not exciting, I basically picked up the top 6x6 pad, took the papers I had more than one of and used them as the base.
Added some Dollar Tree stickers, and it was done.
I didn't even put it on my other blog. I didn't put any of these on there.
 And of course blogger rearranged photos, and I don't feel like fixing them, so here's the back of a pocket letter:
And the front:
Also very simple. I was trying to have less packages to mail, not entirely sure I should have signed up for the flipbook and pocket letter tag this week. I found 4 things in the mail. A happy mail wish:
A lot of good stuff, love the project life cards and the stickers and of course the W.
A dollar store tag:
I'm thinking I just shouldn't bother on this tag anymore.
A wish for happy mail and frog stickers:
Frog stickers were not so exciting, I did like the heart stickers. I love asking for happy mail in this new group, though. They just put random stuff in an envelope and call it happy mail, it's always a gamble. In the old group, it was always postcards and stationary and stuff I just passed on to other people.
A winner takes all:
These are 'kindness cards', I'm not sure what that means, they just looked like encouragement to me. I finished the night watching Delores Claiborne, it seemed familiar too, I really liked it.
November 10: I'm so bored of my food. I'm back to eating my lunch and it's veggies and it's really boring. One of my supervisors mentioned intermittent fasting, when I googled it, it kinda sounds like what I already do, you eat for 8 hours (not constantly) and then fast for 16 for 5 days a week and then eat normally on the weekend. Of course I just eat breakfast and lunch, but I snack a lot, I think if I stopped snacking, I'd be doing much better. I placed an order with the Book Outlet on October 31, just noticed it's in Canada, no wonder it's taking so long to get here. I watched Cat's Eye, Creepshow and Dreamcatcher. I thought it was interesting in the beginning of Cat's Eye, the cat was chased by Cujo and almost got run over by Christine. And then in Dreamcatcher, the kid's were from Derry. I didn't realize Stephen King tied them all together like that.
I put together a wish for dog stickers:

A wish for bird stickers:
And found this cute tiny pumpkin waiting for me at my desk when I got to work.
Which was SSDD, totally found that out in Dreamcatcher, I'm using it for work until we get busy again (which will be when the numbers go down and we open all the way up, so two weeks from never). I'm tired of my feet and knees throbbing when I get home.
November 11: Had a couple people not realize we were open because it was Veteran's day and we had to do some quick thinking with the pull list. Never believe Google for hours, Google lies. I decided Elephant is a much better creature than me:
I would never share my ice cream.
I also forgot it was Veteran's Day because it doesn't affect me (except when it's on a Wednesday and I would go to the post office), and brought my bag of stuff to be mailed. Took it home and then went to the grocery store. I splurged on pop, Hungryman dinners, mac and cheese, flavored tuna and some hot chocolate for a swap. Because the post office wasn't open I got more to be mailed on Thursday. A craft destash tag:
A secret sister:
These had to be wrapped this time and I was afraid I'd have to use a box, they still fit in a priority mail bubble envelope. An ornament tag:
And another one. I was going to do 3 because no one signed up for the ornament swag, but didn't check back before I went to bed.
A Christmas pocket letter:
I went a little out of my comfort zone with layering of stuff. The goodies:
Lots of stickers, the back:
I had this paper left over from the Advent calendar pocket letter. I also included a nurse ornament, because I knew the person was a nurse and I thought of her when I saw it at Hobby Lobby.
I watched Beetlejuice.

No comments: