Thursday, November 19, 2020

Bunch of books

November 14: I finally talked myself into going to Hobby Lobby. And my pictures are backwards, so bare with me. My last stop was HyVee:
Picked up a gift bag, a Chocolove Almond Toffee bar, Dove Sea salt caramels, Dove peppermint bark, Merci petits tree, Twix cookies and cream, Zoet eggnog and sugar cookie, a Cherry Coke and a Mountain Dew.
I get Dove peppermint bark every year. I thought the Merci Petits looked good and I needed something to decorate the front of my Advent calendar pocket letter, so I bought the gift bag.
Second stop was JoAnn's:
I got all excited because they got the Park Lane collection in. I may have gone a little crazy, but they were doing a buy two get one free sale. I picked up the Mermaid Halloween banner because it looked cute.
First stop was Hobby Lobby:
Found an Advent calendar, some Christmas surprizamals, glue sticks, yeti's and a fuzzy W (or M).
Finding that Advent calendar was a chore. I walked through all the Christmas stuff and then asked someone who didn't know where they were and finally told me "They're over there past the pumpkins", they weren't. So, I went to the back of the store where the crafting was to try and find something to put on the front of my Advent calendar. I found the glue sticks in the papercrafting, but there were no multi packs, I picked up a single glue stick for $3.99 and found another person to ask about the Advent calendars. While he was finding me someone that would know, I found another display of glue (next to the models) and found a 6 pack for $4.99, I ended up using a 40% off coupon, so I got it less than the price of the one in the papercrafting section. I can't believe they'd do that in the same store. Anyways, found the assistant manager, and she found where the Advent calendars were supposed to be, but they weren't on display yet (OK, the Friends one was), so she pulled down the rest. I can't believe that they're still putting out new Christmas stuff. They've had Christmas out since July, and they're still pulling out new stuff. While I was waiting for the calendars to be pulled down, I noticed the Surprizamals and the Yeti's, so I picked those up, too.
Work was worse than usual, until about 10 minutes of close, had someone bring in a hot spot we checked out to them that day, and they couldn't connect to it, tried grabbing another new one, it wasn't working for some reason. And then it was closing. No mail that day.
One of my Facebook groups was talking about Advent calendars and I got lost on Amazon and found a couple more. 
November 15: I was very productive, got my laundry done before work, work was wicked slow and the world pissed me off so I had 2 Mtn Dews that day. Got a lot of stuff done and ready to be mailed.
A gift exchange:
We had to send each other some ornaments. I had a hard time, because my partner was very vague on their likes.
A wish for notecard destash:
Random cards from old swaps.
A wish for stickers:
A wish for something Christmas:
A wish for flamingos, sunflowers and positive stickers:
I'm playing happy mail tag with this person, I sent her something, she sent me something back, so I'm sending her something.
A wish for something fairy:
Another wish for stickers:
A wish for something cat, bunny and duck:
A cat happy mail tag:
I think I'm about out of cat stuff, now.
A brown and red tag:
And I got the Advent calendar pocket letter finished, I posted in the last post.
November 16: Was a very lazy day, I ate too many things and just basically watched movies all day. I got my purchase from Book Outlet. I received this random book in my box:

I did not order it, I'm not sure what I'll do with it.
What I did order:
A Big Book Bundle of a search and find book, a seek and find book and an awesome activity book, An Everything Giant Book of Word Searches, a Fairy Garden sticker book, A Love of Paper book, A fun Activity Book, A Mythical Creatures sticker book and a Nom Noms sticker/activity book. A few books I picked up because they were cute and cheap, some I picked up to keep my mind occupied. I'm cheap and I get most of my books from the library, so I was a bit put off by the prices (even though they were pretty cheap). I didn't realize they were based in Canada, didn't read the address, so I really hated waiting for my package. I don't need more books and will probably not be buying from them in the future. I usually get my activity books from the Dollar Tree or garage sales.
I received a couple more pieces of mail, a RAK:
And another RAK:
This one is a sticker bomb. I've wanted one ever since I was told what they were. I was very excited about this.

No comments: