Monday, November 16, 2020

Blue Butterflies

Wow! I'm really behind, so did not mean to do that. 
November 5: I feel work is always Same Shit Different Day. We're always slow, all we do is check in holds mostly, once that's done, it's just hoping people will come in for something. It was a benefit day for the library at one of our local stores. I picked up a few things for a gift exchange:
I love that I survived ornament, I had picked up that one and the cat wrapped in Christmas lights for one person, and then remembered they didn't want ornaments, so I sent the cat and ordered something online. I might keep the other ornament for myself, as much as I don't want to remember this year, we will have to. I picked up the red garland and the tree for the other person. The turtle coin purse, brass charm and silver angel were for me. When I was putting the coin purse away, I realized I bought one last time for this same benefit, it's red with an owl though. Spent a little over $50, it's a fair trade store, so stuff is a bit more expensive than I'd normally spend.
Found a couple items in the mail, a thrift store tag:
The stickers are all Mrs. Grossman's and came in the tin at the top. I remember Mrs. Grossman stickers from my childhood, I would have loved more of a variety.
A Winner Takes All:
Not that big on holiday washi.
I checked up on a package from one group that was supposed to be delivered to me in October from Amazon, the person who bought it said Amazon delivered it to a person. Neither I nor my housemate are taking packages in person. Since I didn't buy it and I have no idea what it was, I decided I wasn't going to pursue it more. The person that sent it to me is no longer in that group, so I just decided not to bother.
November 6: Talked to mom about Thanksgiving, I have 6 days off. It would be perfect if we could go anywhere. She asked what I wanted to do, which was dumb, I can't do what I want, so why ask? She suggested a virtual thing. I don't know if it's going to happen. I predict I will be eating boring food on my couch, probably watching movies all weekend. Work was SSDD, except I didn't get to check in holds, everyone else did, so my day was even more boring. Stopped at the store on my way home for milk, also picked up mini apple pies, Suzy Q's, golden cupcakes and sour cream and onion chips. Totally freaking out about getting my Advent pocket letter done, it's so overwhelming. I found a fall happy mail tag in the mail:


Good variety. 
Finished another book today, I'm at 60 books for the year, I don't think I'll get 40 done in the next two months. Oh well. It's been a stressful year, I was on track until we hit the middle of March.
November 7: I was so excited that Pennsylvania turned blue, it's been a stressful week watching that. Put together a wish for corgi stuff:

I realize only two of these are actual corgi, but when I was putting it together for some reason I thought the lighter ones were corgi's too.
A wish for planner stickers:
A llama happy mail themed tag:
Passed on some more die cuts I had, a card I got from another  swap, washi I never use and some stickers.
I found 4 items in the mail, first up, a RAK:
I love that bunny postcard, I taped it to my wall. Added the W sticker to my journal.
A wish for PDT labels:
I'm not entirely sure why I did wish for them, because I have lots of labels.
A wish for happy mail:
I had to look this one up, she didn't include a note. This seems to happen a bit in this group, which is frustrating when you're in 4 different groups, I'm not tracking people down. I had the return label, that's how I knew what group it was from. I like the cute memo sheets and the drink stickers.
Another Winner Takes All:
That washi is wicked cute, it's more paper tape than washi, but still. Watched Medium to finish my night. Saw a mouse on my way to bed.
November 8: I put together a couple random craft swaps:
We had to send 10 crafting items out to our partner, I asked for two partners and basically sent about the same thing to both.
Got my laundry done and disposed of a couple mice. Not pleased about that. I started the Advent calendar pocket letter, got the base done and started on handmade stuff. Got bored with that and brought out my winter decorations. I didn't get quite everything out, I didn't feel like rearranging everything, so I'm kinda squished for space. I have a whole collection of winter gnomes now. Got bored halfway through, but all the stuff was on the couch so I had to finish. Watched Trick R Treat, it seemed very familiar.

No comments: