Thursday, May 23, 2019

Unicorn magic pudding

Monday: was kinda weird. Our Automated Handling System at the library went down sometime on the afternoon of the 18th and was still down when I went in to work. Spent much of the morning checking in things from the weekend. Found some happy mail when I got hom.
Wish for something minion:
 Those are minion bandages in the packages.
Happy mail:
 Love those stationary pages.
Flat tag:
 I really like the travel stickers.
pocket letter:
 This is very beautiful.
And some stickers:
 What were in the packages:
 And the second one:
 Tuesday: I used my stove for the first time in a couple years and made some pesto gnocchi. It was pretty good. But, it made my stomach queasy. I drank the Mountain Dew that was in my fridge and I felt better, I also had supper before going to work, which is not something I do on Tuesdays.
 I put together a few tags to send out.
Initials:
 Her initials are RH, so I went with rabbits and hot air balloon. When I mailed this, it ended up being $4.50, for some reason it was heavier than the thrift store tag (which was also a notebook about this size) and I've noticed things going to Ohio have been more expensive lately. I was told you're paying for mileage in some states. I knew that about Texas and California, Ohio doesn't make that much sense, it's not that far away. I guess it just means I won't be mailing to Ohio any time soon.
Wish:
 She wanted self-laminating sheets.
I had package waiting for me when I got home from work.
 It's part two of my favorite swaps.
 How pretty are they?
 I miss buying buttons. I haven't been to many sales this season and I'm not going to Hobby Lobby anytime soon.
I was a little perturbed when I saw a post today asking if I had gotten the package today. People are so rude. They don't understand other people's lives and feel you should do things instantly. I found the package in my mailbox when I got home after 9pm on Tuesday, I basically took a shower and went to bed, just to get up early the next morning and go to work. The person who sent it to me posted the next day at 11:18 asking if I had gotten it, I was still at work. It was rude. Instead of posting a snarky reply, I just posted that I had received it. I won't be so nice in the future. People are so rude some times.
We were sent this item for an interlibrary loan:
 It was published in 1907, so I realize it's old, but it's in really bad shape. We were all amazed that it was actually sent to us. I was afraid to touch it.
Made two trips to the grocery store as I didn't have enough hands to carry my library bag and my grocery bag and milk and toilet paper. Found this on the shelf:
I could not figure out what the flavors were supposed to be, but I did find out that it was made with fairy dust and rainbow sprinkles, that it was supposed to taste like joy. The ingredients list didn't even have a flavoring, they just listed them as pink pudding and blue pudding. Whatever, I wasn't going to pay $2.50 for them when the rest were $1.
I picked up a few sugary things as I've been craving them lately. No mail for Wednesday. Totally just watched a bunch of movies the rest of the day. I couldn't find my can opener and added that to my shopping list. I'm sure if I had walked back to the grocery store for one I would have made 10,000 steps.
Thursday: I planned to get up and go shopping, but I have no desire to do anything today. I realized I hadn't been shopping since April 26th and I kinda want to see if I can do a whole month without shopping. Since Hobby Lobby never called me back I figured I'd just not go there (which will definitely help with my so crafting shopping), it's not like there's anything I need there. I'll see if there are any garage sales in the area for the weekend, but I don't know if I'll go to any. Probably read some books, too.

No comments: