Thursday, May 30, 2019

stickers

Monday: I didn't go outside, I didn't even get dressed. I did put together a few things to mail out.
Unicorn:
 This one was really expensive to mail, almost $5.
Destash:
 Colorful happy mail:
 more happy mail:
I read a few books and watched some movies. I was a bit bummed that my parents didn't ask if I wanted to go to lunch. Our normal Memorial Day plans are: they try to convince me to go to the parade and program (the parade was cancelled due to rain this year) and then ask if I want to go to lunch afterwards.
Tuesday: I put together a few things.
 Wish for Tsum Tsum figurines:
 Birthday ATCs:
 I had a hard time getting creative, not sure why.
Work was a little different due to people being gone, but otherwise a normal Tuesday, except that someone basically told me I was a racist. As I was discussing the interaction with my supervisor, she didn't understand why they would think what I said was racist (neither did any of my other co workers). This situation comes up infrequently and we basically all say the same thing. It's still bugging me.
I got a few things in the mail.
Sticker flakes:
 Not sure who or what this is for, probably a wish granted. It was from wish, which I realize you can't add notes, but I've noticed some people add their names next to mine on the mailing label. I already got this same pack from someone else in one of my groups. Weird thing is, the colors are much brighter in the package, but I didn't get all the images it says I'm supposed to.
More sticker flakes:
 This one came with a note, so I knew that's what it was.
And a RAK of address labels. I have a lot of address labels now.
Wednesday: was pretty normal, had a person get upset because they had quite a few overdue items and didn't think they should pay the fines on them. Also had someone upset that I wouldn't do something we don't normally do.
Got home and went to rearrange my library books, but noticed my floor was damp.
And the new bookcase I bought last night to replace the last bookcase that was messed up due to rain is now messed up due to rain:
 I'm tired of leaks. This one was brand new last year, so I know it's got a few years in it. The other one was old to begin with.
I received a Why make a tag:
 Basically you look at the person's favorites and send them something they like.
I was telling the guy at the post office that I'm trying to send more flat items as it seems I'll send a parcel for something (like this tag, I sent a book) and I get something at envelope rate back. I only sent two parcels this week, but I had 3 international envelopes which was about $4, because the stamps are $1.15 each. I still spent about $13.
My living room is a bit rearranged due to dealing with the damp carpet.
Thursday: I went shopping. I haven't been shopping since 4/26, not so much on purpose. At first it was just I was busy doing other things or it was hot or it was raining and then it ended up that I was getting close to a month without shopping, so I purposefully didn't shop. It helps that I didn't go anywhere other than work.
First stop was Target:
 I picked up two of the Oreo candy bar packs as they were on sale for $2.24, half of normal price. I picked up the cereal because I will need some soon, but I've never seen this flavor at my grocery store and it was $1.95. Normally I stock up on chocolate when I go to Target because they have great chocolate, I ended up buying the Ghirahelli chocolate covered cashews. They were 2 for $8, normally $5.19 each.
 I know I said I wasn't buying crafting supplies (that didn't really work at the Dollar Tree), but I've been wanting tiny puffy stickers. Dollar Tree had some years ago that I never found. This pack of 240 stickers was $4.99, it was the most expensive thing I got. Figured I could spend some of my money on blind bags, I like the My Little Pony ones and I saw these Ugly Dolls ones. They were all $2.99 each, I found them at Walmart for 10 cents less.
I was going to wait and open them on my birthday, but people and things, so I opened them today:
Next stop was Walmart:
 Nothing too exciting there, a shirt for $4.97, bralettes for $4.96 each, some double stick tape for $5.84 and some ibuprofen for $3.82. Somehow this still added up to about $30.
When I went to check out, they had 2 cashier lines open, I realize they want us to do the self-checks, I just don't like them. There was this longish line at one and the next one had his light on, so I ask if he was open and he gives me this snarky remark, it didn't sit well with me.
I can see why I decided to go down the sticker aisle at Dollar Tree.
Last stop was Dollar Tree:
 a couple stationery sets, some stickers, and butterfly die cuts.
I totally bought these stationery sets to send out (though I should stop doing that, too), the stickers look like stained glass, I couldn't pass them by, I hadn't seen anyone else buy them. I also was very surprised to see these butterfly die cuts at the Dollar Tree, I wouldn't have been surprised if they were from Hobby Lobby, of course there, they'd be like $4.
 more stickers, cards. Again with the stained glass stickers, the others are owls and woodland creatures. And I always need cards.
 stickers, cards.
 white mini kit kats, body wash, loofah.
I needed the body wash, as at my grocery store, it was $1.99, and this is a 34 oz container. I also needed the loofah for next month.
I got three of the five things I needed. I was looking for baseball card sleeves at Walmart and Target but I couldn't find them. I'll either have to find them online, or go shopping again soon. I also needed some air freshener things, but I remembered when I was at the checkout. I got the double sided tape and the loofah and body wash.
After Dollar Tree, I called my mom and we went to a local bakery for lunch. It was ok, at least she didn't really upset me. She had mentioned last month some time that she and dad were going to go to Chicago (where my brother lives) and asked if I wanted to go along. I do want to go, just not with them. It's so much more stressful, between my mother complaining about like everything, and my dad snoring, and having to sleep on an airbed in a room that faces east. Also, my parents have a tendency to treat me like a child on vacation. They never let me go anywhere by myself. Anyways, so mom said they were going over the 4th of July weekend, so now I'm bummed that I don't have anything to really do on the 4th or that weekend. You couldn't go on a normal week, when family doesn't hang out?
I bought some pastries to take home:
When I got home I realized (ok I saw a sign while we were there, I just didn't think of it) that I was charged a service charge for lunch and the pastries. I had an egg salad croissant with a drink (a can of Mountain Dew) that came with a bag of chips, a cookie and a pickle sphere, that was $9. I'm not sure it was really worth that much. I remember in the past when I've gone there, the sandwiches were better. The pastries were $14, not sure they were worth it either. The round thing at the bottom is supposed to be pudding filled, but she gave me the creme filled one, which is right next to it. The cherry thing next to it is dry. I remember their food being much better. Guess I'm not missing out on anything by not visiting them.
Got home and found some mail, a sticker swap:
This was supposed to be mailed by April 19th, it was also supposed to have a min of $5 spent and 5 items sent. I doubt it will be replaced.
I'm now tired and sitting for the rest of the day.

No comments: