Saturday, June 01, 2019

Happy June

Why is it that I have great intentions for the next day the night before? I was going to get up and go on a walk. And then I got up and didn't go on a walk, and then it was too late to go on a walk. I had to be at work at 1:15. The mail was early enough to pick it up on my way in to work.
Wish for something mason jar:
 I've seen people finding these at Dollar Tree, but I never did.
Not sure what this one is for:
 It was from wish, and while I know you can't add a note, I know you can add your name next to the recipient's name on the mailing label. I've decided it's too much work to track down who's sending things to me. I had posted in my groups asking about this and a packet of sticker flakes I got on Tuesday and nobody has claimed mailing it to me.
a wish of something unicon:
 A Birthday ATC swap:
I also received a penpal letter that I don't recall writing to the other person.
I have been particularly grumpy lately. Today, I got up and was so excited to go to garage sales, only to see there was a 60% chance of thunderstorms before 10AM. I waited until 9 when it got lighter out, I looked at the radar and it looked like the giant rain blobs were going to miss us, so I started out on my trek. There weren't any really close, but I had 4 sales on my list, the first was about a mile and a half away and didn't actually have anything I wanted to buy. There ended up being a cluster of three right next to each other, I found this minion toy at the last one:
 When I asked how much, they said 10 cents, but i only had a dollar and they didn't have that much change, so I said a quarter was fine. The next one was about another mile and a half away. There were a few things I was interested in, but nothing was priced. I don't like those kind of sales. I still go by the saying if you have to ask it's too much. So, I headed to the next one, which was only about a half mile away. This was more of an estate/tag sale run by a company, I like going to these, but nothing is ever under $1, and some things I feel are a bit too much. I spent $13 here:
The reindeer globe was $2, the large minion, keychain, small minion, crab magnet and owl jar were all $1 each. And Ziggy was $2, not marked. I had picked up a few things and then realized there was a basement, which had a ton of cool things, but some I didn't want to carry home and some I just didn't want to pay prices for.
 Here's what was in the fabric/trim bundle:
 I basically got it for the bunch of trim in the top right corner, I didn't want to spend $4 for the whole bunch, but I really wanted that trim. The trim in the middle and left top are kinda cute, as well.
 I really like this piece at the bottom.
I'm not sure what I'll do with the pieces I don't like. I guess I could always donate them to Goodwill. The last sale was about a half mile away and I didn't find anything to buy. I hit 10,000 steps shortly after that sale, which was nice but I didn't want to walk the two miles home. I was going to wait for the bus, but it would have been a half hour wait, I knew I could get home before then.
I'm not exactly sure how much I walked, my fitbit says 5.95 miles (13,434 steps, I learned the other day it's actually measuring how much your arm moves, and when i have a bag of stuff my arm doesn't move much), the mapmyrun website says 5.64 miles (of course that doesn't take into effect the walking around at the sales) and my mp3 player says 6 miles, which I think is more accurate. I feel I'm allowed to be lazy for the rest of the day.
I was waiting until I got my mail to post this. I wish my mail could be delivered the same time every day, that would make life easier. Today, I picked it up at about 3:30, it wasn't there when I got home earlier about noon.
I received a replacement thrift store tag:
 The person that was supposed to send to me was booted from the group for not following rules.
I was going to put together some tags, but wasn't very inspired. I did put together a wish for junk journal items:
I was checking facebook and noticed I had a message request. Someone was asking if I received something they had mailed me at the beginning of May. I did, they even liked and commented on the post. And I'm back to being grumpy. Maybe I need to limit my facebook time, I know it won't happen. I'm trying to decide how many June swaps I want to join in my mailing groups. I want to do a secret sister swap (basically you send favorites to someone, but don't tell them who you are), it's always a hit or miss in my groups, it seems. One of them was pretty good, but then they did a color swap the next time around and that was a miss. So, I'm not sure.

No comments: