Friday, June 28, 2019

A giant set of teeth

Thursday: I thought I'd see if I couldn't spend money, as I had every other day of the week and would be on Friday as well. My original plan was to read a book I have due on the 1st but won't be able to renew, but I got lost in my computer and YouTube.
I got a few things ready to send out.
Fairy tag:
 I got these in a swap for a mythical flip book.
Owl card:
 I'm not great at making cards, but I keep signing up for card swaps to practice.
Button card:
 I couldn't find my bag of buttons and raided the wooden buttons I got a few weeks ago.
Sticker sheets:
 I totally felt bad and threw a third sheet in as well.
I got a unicorn tag in the mail:
It's cute.
Finished my day by texting with a guy I met on OKCupid. I don't think we're gonna go very far. I had messaged him earlier in the week on okcupid about my busy next week, including my birthday and he didn't say anything about my birthday when I mentioned it (most people do), while we were texting he said he likes looking at books, not reading them, but looking at them and that he hadn't been to the library since we remodeled (4 years ago). He also asked for more pictures, I've been taking pictures of my outfits lately so, I sent those and he sends me one back of him probably on his bed without a shirt. Not only did I not ask for a picture, put some damn clothes on.
Friday: woke up early and made a few belated birthday cards:
 And another one:
I was supposed to make them on Thursday, but didn't get to it.
Also, this guy I've been texting with decided to send me a good morning text bright and early. That's kinda weird to me for someone who I'm just chatting with. If we were dating, it'd be different.
He texts later, in the middle of the day, hi and then at the end of the day asks if he's bothering me. I answer I'm tired after a long day, his response, how was your day. I have a feeling he doesn't read my messages very well. I'm kind of annoyed at people right now anyway.
Anyways, it was a pretty good day. My aunt texts, saying they're going to be a bit later than expected.
We get started about 11AM. First stop was this place with a really cool garden, I didn't find anything to buy, but we all decided my mother would enjoy it. As we were on our way to this place one of my aunts' was saying it seems we women (of my family) seem to complain about things a lot, and I realized later, maybe that's what we did, as I was complaining to myself about the day.
First stop was a place with a cool garden. Found some interesting stuff there:
 And this:
 Some pictures of the pond:
 And:
 I also found a toad:
 Here he is from a different angle:
 And a cute planter:
 I didn't find anything to buy at that place.
Second stop was a place we'd been before, it's ok, not very big. Found this cool coaster:
 And picked up some snowflakes:
 Loved the glass one at the top. There was a bunch of these plasticy snowflakes in bags, but only one had this cool glass snowflake, so I bought it for $3.
Next up was lunch, we went to a buffet, that was ok. I thought it was a Golden Corral, but it wasn't just a buffet. It was ok for the price, and I was good and had water for lunch.
Third place was more of a flowery place. I picked up this:
 The pot was $3, the succulent was $4.50. I picked it up for a friend whose brother just passed away. That's what you do when people have deaths in the family? Right? You give them a plant. I just have to keep it alive until Tuesday. I'm not that great with plants.
Next up was a market, where I broke down and bought a can of Mountain Dew, it was just so good, it was a buck.
Next up we went to an antique store with a flea market in front.
I found these:
 And this cool thing:
 I wish I had wall space for it.
And here's what I purchased:
 Yes, I got the teeth, they were just cool and neat. A random correspondence card and a bag of little green men. I spent about $20 there.
That was our last stop, we headed back home to have supper with my parents. That's one of the things I hate when we get a late start and then an early stop time. There were a couple more places in this city that we could have easily hit as they were just around the corner.
I had ice cream and cheeseballs for supper, and then headed home because I was tired.
Found some happy mail in the mailbox.
First flip:
 Second flip:
 All the goodies:
It's pretty cute.
I was a member of a facebook group where you basically post weird things you find when you're out and about, so I had posted my teeth purchase today. You have to wait for an admin to approve your post, when I was on not so long ago, my post was deleted and not approved, and I looked at the rules, there's nothing I broke, so I decided I didn't need another group to waste my time online, I left. I'm tired of people. I'll probably ignore this guy for the next few days when I'm busy, which I already told him I was. I'm kinda done with people. Lucky for me I get to open in the morning, hopefully I'll have one of those patrons that brightens my day


No comments: