Monday, June 03, 2019

It's definitely summer

Sunday was very unproductive. I did get my laundry done and a few things ready to send out.
A wish for summer stickers:
 Destash tag:
 A wish for summer washi and 4th of July washi:
 An O themed card:
 I was going to go with an owl theme, but was having a hard time creating so went with orange instead.
Kawaii tag:
 I signed up for a Red, White, and Blue swap and was excited to do it until I realized I had to have things that were patrioti or all red white and blue, not red items, white items and blue items.
I might see if anyone wants to swap for these instead of doing the other swap.
 Monday: was busy, you can definitely tell it's summer. The library was busy once we started having the summer lunch program. I headed off to our North Walmart to see if they had anything exciting. I found a few things:
Dragon eggs ($6 each), Kit Kat ($2), Ugly Dolls blind bags ($3 each), pocket letter sleeves ($5), Trolls blind bags ($2 each), Ibuprofen ($4)
The dragon eggs are from How to Train your Dragon, normally I wouldn't spend $6 on a blind bag, but I really wanted them. I bought the Kit Kat cause it was a big one instead of a bunch of tiny ones. I needed the pocket letter sleeves, I couldn't find them last week at the south Walmart or Target last week. Totally bought more of the Ugly Dolls blind bags, I'm hoping for the octopussy looking thing. I also picked up some Trolls blind bags, just cause they were cute. The tag says they were originally $6, no way would I pay that much for something so little. I opened one of the Trolls blind bags:
I didn't read the tag that says they have two figures in it. I think they are wicked cute, plus the 'pod' is too. When I went to pay there was an issue with the credit card machine, it kept saying waiting on customer, but on my side it said authorizing don't remove card. So, the cashier comes around to my side, runs through her stuff again, and then bypasses the pin entry point and goes for signature, or whatever. Then she says to me, is that what you wanted? It probably timed out on you before. It was a bit annoying, but I just let it go. I was actually in a good mood and decided not to ruin it.
I headed over to the mall and TJ Maxx, I found a pair of octopus socks for $2 and some sequin appliques for 70 cents, but I couldn't justify charging that little on my debit card.
I headed over to Jimmy John's for my lunch, realized the bus was just leaving and chose to just wait until the next one, I was really looking forward to that sandwich.
I headed to Walgreen's to kill some time:
 Hedgehog ($5), white Oreo bars($1 each), white Twix ($1), peanut butter Twix ($1), snail ($2) Minion blind bag ($3), chocolate covered cashews ($3) and a Cherry Coke ($2).
I shouldn't have picked up the snail or the cashews, but oh well.
I found out the bus was going to be there sooner than the schedule said it was, so got back to the library earlier than I expected. I put the dragon eggs, the other two Trolls blind bags, the Ugly Dolls blind bags, and the minion blind bag in my birthday bag.
Found some mail when I got home. A birthday surprise:
 Kawaii Tag:
 A personal swap:
 And a postage due item slip. It was supposed to be for a birthday surprise. I don't pay postage and I certainly won't pay on something that's supposed to be a surprise for my birthday. It had enough due that I'm sure they sent it as a letter and it's actually a parcel.
Very frustrating.

No comments: