Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Pint Sized Heroes

Saturday: I had planned to go to a few garage sales, but again there were no close ones. I did go to the farmer's market, again looking for a pastry, but they still didn't have them. I found small pies, flavored popcorn, mini loaves of bread and food trucks. I just wanted a nice homemade pastry, sometimes the world makes things so much harder than they should be. I ended up at HyVee Drug, I bought a couple pastries, a wrap, some chai mixes (I actually needed those) and some wontons. Spent more than I should have, but oh well.
I put together a few things to send out.
A gift for a friend:
 Cactus tag:
 Happy mail:
 Monkey tag:
 pocket letter:
 Surprise tag:
 I received a book of dragon stickers in the mail from Amazon, no note.
 I'm tired of tracking down who is sending me what, I'm in 6 different Facebook groups that I get mail in, it's too much work for me to ask in every group who its from. Why is it so hard for people to just include notes?
Sunday, I put together more stuff.
Red, white and blue swap:
We were to send 6 red items, 6 blue items and 6 white items.
 And another one:
 In one of my mail groups, there was a red, white and blue swap, but we were to send 5 items that were red, white and blue. I suggested this swap in one of my art groups, and they created it.
Birthday surprise:
 I realized those two boxes of birthday cards I bought, are actually religious cards. There is one design that doesn't have a bible verse in it. I just covered up the one in here with a sticker, I'll probably do that with the others.
Wish for something snail and butterfly:
 Favorites tag:
 we were supposed to send something from the person's favorites, she liked stickers.
Monday was normal except my phone kept spontaneously dying.
I found a few things in the mail when I got home.
Llama tag:
 This is what I mean, I hate sending out parcels and then getting something letter sized back.
Red, white and blue swap:
 Unicorn tag:
 Totally just got these for a wish granted, but I'm not going to use them.
I also bought some stamps on my way home:
 I had mentioned to a coworker that I needed stamps and was just going to buy another roll of flags, but she said I should go for the more interesting ones. They're all the same price anyway.
Put together an orange happy mail tag:
And finished a book: The Seven Culinary Wonders of the world. I love reading about restaurants or food or seasons.
Tuesday: Texted my mom and asked if they wanted to go to lunch and then help me get a new phone. My dad had something at 1, so we went to get the phone first. For some reason I had an option to get a deal on the Iphone 10r, so I went with that. I only use my phone for a few apps, the maps, the camera and texting. I don't need something great. I got the 10r, it's nice. I tried putting the case on it, but the guy gave me the wrong case, typical. And of course, the store isn't really at a central location for me. I am going to lunch with a friend tomorrow, I'll see if we can't swing by, I hope it will be an easy exchange. I set it up, it was pretty easy except it wouldn't let me not have the face recognition thing, It kept telling me there was something that needed to be taken care of in the settings and that was the only thing. It still fits in the pocket of my bag, plus it's thinner so it should be better in some of my other bags.
We went to a burger place for lunch, I went healthy and got water and a chicken avocado sandwich with ranch fries (not healthy). It was good, but I must've missed the place where it said there was a spicy sauce.
Apparently it's splurge day, and I feel I splurged on the new phone. Not quite sure what to do with my old one now.
Wednesday: And then I found out they gave me the wrong phone case. So, I had to go back on Wednesday and get the correct one. My friend and I were going out to lunch, so I asked if we could swing by and pick up the correct phone case. And then the guy put it on for me, that was nice and helpful.
We actually stopped on BAM on the way there, I ended up buying all the rest of their pint size hero blind bags and a random Snow White one.
 I already opened the Snow White, it's her in her rags, not very exciting.
This is the whole reason I don't buy the really expensive ones, if I don't like it it, I only spent $2 on it. Also, why I only buy the ones where I like most of the choices. I wanted to buy another Disney Princesses one, but I couldn't spend $5 on it.
We headed over to B Bop's for lunch where I went the not healthy way and got a cheeseburger, fries and a Mountain Dew.
We headed over to Goodwill after wards,
 I found a couple shirts, a 2019 calendar, some bling and some flower magnets.
Last stop was an Asian food store:
 I really have no idea what I bought, but it all looked good.
It was a pretty good day.
I found some happy mail when I got home:
A hot air balloon ATC and sticker flakes.
This might be the first time I'm not really excited about the sticker flakes.

No comments: