Friday, June 07, 2019

End of the week

Monday: Put together a few wishes at the end of the day.
Wish for something Tim Holtz
 Wish for die cuts
 Tuesday: Put together some more things to send out.
Wish for tea:
 Hot air balloon ATC:
 And the person I was sending to likes minions, so I sent some of those, too.
I received an initials tag in the mail:
 This is the third time I've done this tag, and I haven't been impressed any time by what I was sent. I also loved how this one was sent as media mail, it was media mail until you added the gum. I love how people are always complaining about the prices for mailing something, maybe part of the reason is because you're misusing the system.
Spring note cards:
 These were post marked May 31, they were supposed to be mailed May 20th. I'm not really sure what makes them spring as opposed to something else.
I wore a dress to work because it was 82 degrees when I left. My plan was to wear something else, but that was too warm to wear something longer:
 A lot of my co-workers commented on how cute this dress is. I was a little self-conscious as I don't have a lot of things that hit me at the knee. I might have to hunt out some more. I wish I had more dresses that were shorter.
Wednesday: was ok, until someone told me something that almost made me cry at work and since I had the next two days off I let it build up in my mind.
Thursday: I ignored the world and watched Bones. I received a post card from a friend in the mail:
 Friday: I had some garage sales I wanted to go to. Again, they were not very close. The first sale was a bust. I did find a bag of stickers and crafting supplies, but I wasn't going to spend $5 for it.
Found this beautiful row of peonies on my way to the second sale:
 I love peonies.
The second sale was better:
 Found the tin, dragon, stickers and s&p shakers, paid $1.25 for everything.  I didn't realized the squirrels were s&p shakers until I got home, I just thought they were cute. The owl mug is from the last sale I went to, picked it up for $1.
I went to 5 sales, most of them didn't have much I wanted. One of them had a lot of overpriced kids stuff, I also thought it was rude of the three people hosting the sale to ignore me and just keep going with their conversation. They seemed bothered when I said hello, so I didn't see the point of buying anything. I had gone a bit later to hit a couple sales that started at 1 and 2, the sale that started at 2 said lots of fabric, but the pictures showed other stuff too.
I ended up walking 4 miles and spending $2.25 total. I'd really like some closer sales next week. I have a 4-day weekend, I'd love to get away, but I'm pretty sure it won't happen.
I got home, guzzled some water and took a shower. I should have taken a nap because I was exhausted, but I didn't.
I did get a package with granted wish of something mason jar and sticker flakes.
 Someone else had sent me these same mason jar stickers, so even though I love them, I might pass them on to someone else.
I also received an O card:
We just had to make a card with the theme of O.
I had plans with a friend to go to our local art walk, but things came up and she couldn't go. I went by myself, but it just wasn't as much fun by myself.
I'm now tired and plan to stay off my feet until I have to go to work tomorrow afternoon. I was planning on hitting another sale tomorrow, but I got some more blisters on my feet from today's walk.

No comments: