Monday, June 24, 2019

Frosting sandwiches

Thursday: I decided to do my mailing and grocery store errands on Thursday so I could get out of the house and not sit on the couch all day.
When I got back from doing those, my mail was waiting for me.
Summer Solstice Smiles:
 Cute postcard.
Wish of something unicorn and for sticker flakes:
 Love the selection.
Wish of pocket letter sleeves:
 I also received 2 birthday surprises. And then I sat on my butt the rest of the day.
Friday: Had to close at the library. Had a quick chat with a friend I hadn't seen since Christmas. When I went on break, there was a bag of bread and a tub of cake frosting, so I made some cake frosting sandwiches.
 The mail of course was not there when I left for work (about 1pm), though on Thursday it was there before noon. I wish my mail could be a little bit more consistent.
Found some mail when I got home. Summer Solstice smiles:
 Favorites tag:
 This is gorgeous.
random tag swap:
 Cactus tag:
 I like that it's different, but I will probably never use the silicone tray.
Orange happy mail:
Saturday: I was going to try and go to a few garage sales, but nothing was close and then it was raining when I woke up, so I gave up. I wasted the day on the couch watching YouTube. The more I play with my new phone, the more I like it. I like the face recognition unlock function, I've also found I love watching videos on it and it doesn't seem to drain the battery at all.
Sunday: I did laundry and read a book, American Summer
Monday: I wore a new dress to work:
I've really been enjoying wearing dresses to work, people keep saying how cute they look on me, too. I also wore my new owl necklace that I got on Friday.
I went shopping on my way home from work even though I knew I had two fun packages waiting for me at home.
First stop was the Asian food store:
 I shouldn't have gone in, but I wanted to see if they had anything new and interesting. I was also looking for this really good milk tea drink I got at a different Asian food store last week. I totally found it,
Milk flavor cake ($6), Kuai Kuai Corn Snack Strawberry ($2), Potato Rice Chips ($3), 3 Thai Milk Teas ($1 each), Herbal Tea ($1), Green Tea Kit Kat ($7). I wish the Kit Kats weren't so expensive, this one said it was a green tea powder kit kat, it looked darker on the package than the other green tea Kit Kats. I misheard the cashier and thought she said $30 when I checked out and then saw when I got home, I noticed it was only about $20.
I walked right by Hobby Lobby, I didn't feel like wandering around the Salvation Army (even though I wanted to go, I was tired and hungry), and bypassed JoAnn's Fabrics. I was very happy with my willpower.
Next up was HyVee:
 Reeses ($1.50), Reese's snack mix ($3), Twizzlers filled bites ($4), Zoet dark chocolate with pear ($2), sandwich ($4), Oreo pistachio thins ($3) and two donuts ($3)
I had planned to eat lunch at their buffet, but they were remodeling and it just didn't feel inviting. I did stop and enjoy my donut on the way home.
And onto the fun mail.
A birthday surprise:
 A wish of something mason jar:
 I'm a little perturbed on this one, she originally said it was mailed on 5/31 and then later mailed it last week.
I also received some more Summer Solstice Smiles:
 Cute card.
Love this card:
 And one with cute llama stickers:
 a wish of something unicorn:
 A red, white and blue swap:
 I was telling the hostess of the swap, I wish people could include notes, this one didn't have one. Is it really that hard to include a tiny little note with your name, the swap name and the group name. It's very frustrating.
And a box of sunshine:
 My partner sent a ton of stuff:
 And one more photo:
I felt kinda bad for her because we were going to send flat rate mailers, but she had some issue on her end and ended up spending more than I expected.
This is the reason I'm always hungry and/or tired. I get home, and see my mail, then I have to open it, take pictures and record it all in my mail journal. It was about 3:30 before I got to lunch.

No comments: